A Time- and Frustration-saving Tester!
Here's an extremely useful tool for checking the functionality of speakers and components within loudspeakers. The Whirlwind CabDriver generates pink noise, which you can route through one of its many output jacks. Choose from Speakon NL8, Speakon NL4, 1/4" TS, and banana jack outputs, or XLR line-level output for testing self-powered speakers. You can also use the CabDriver to apply 5 volts of DC current to the system, allowing you to observe cone movement in order to identify speaker and cabling polarity problems. This also performs a DC ohms test, in which an LED lights up to indicate whether the system is designed for 4, 8, or 16 ohms. The Whirlwind CabDriver is an excellent addition to any professional diagnostic toolkit.Whirlwind CabDriver Speaker Testing Device Features at a Glance:
- Pink noise generator for testing speakers and speaker components
- Speakon NL8, Speakon NL4, 1/4" TS, and banana jack output
- 4-, 8-, or 16-ohm indicator LEDS
- Level adjustment for appropriate levels for subwoofers, midrange cones and compression drivers and tweeters
- XLR line output for feeding the pink noise to self-powered speaker units
- Powered by 4 AA batteries or external 6V DC power supply (not included)