Gibson's Johnny A. Signature Model
Gibson's Custom, Art, Historic division provides an atmosphere for a select group of inspired artisans to carry on Gibson's century-old tradition of creating exquisite, investment quality instruments that represent the highest standards of imaginative design and masterful craftsmanship.
From his years with J. Geils Band front man Peter Wolf to his acclaimed solo albums, Johnny A.'s passion for the guitar is proverbial. Gibson recognized Johnny's talents and created the
Johnny A. Signature Model. The Johnny A. Signature Model combines the best of vintage Gibsons with innovative designs to create a guitar that is pretty unique. The body is completely hollow with a carved maple top. The outer surface is contoured to look and feel like a traditional hollowbody guitar, but the inner back is flat, cutting down on feedback and imparting a bright, snappy response. The custom neck profile and pearl inlays are coupled with more traditional Gibson features such as multi-ply binding, gold hardware, a Bigsby tailpiece, and an ebony fingerboard to create a guitar that's diving headfirst into the future while giving a knowing nod to the past.
- Color: Sunset Glow
- Body Type: Hollow-body
- Neck Wood: 1-piece mahogany
- Neck Shape: Johnny A. custom rounded neck profile
- Top Wood: Carved figured maple top
- Back Wood: 1-piece mahogany back and rims
- Machine Heads: Vintage tulip tuners
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- No. of Frets: 22
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
- Position Markers: Custom pearl fingerboard and headstock inlays
- Pickups: '57 Classic humbucking
- Controls: 2 volume, 2 tone,
- Pickup Switching: 3-way selector switch
- Bridge/Tailpiece: ABR-1 bridge, Bigsby tailpiece
- Hardware: Gold
- Case: Hardshell case
- Certificate of authenticity