A Premium-quality Stage Piano from Yamaha's CP Series
In 1976,Yamaha released the first CP series stage pianos. These "electric grands" became instant classics with their authentic sound and live performance convenience. Thirty years later, Yamaha celebrates those milestone keyboards by unveiling the latest and greatest in the CP series, the CP300 stage piano. Drawing on Yamaha's rich tradition and experience, the CP300 gives the live performer all the sound and expressiveness of a superbly miked grand piano with the portability and versatility of a modern digital instrument.Yamaha CP300 Stage Piano at a Glance:
- Authentic sound and playability for an inspiring experience
- Advanced Graded Hammer Effect keyboard with authentic resistance
- Premium-quality stereo samples including string resonance and key-off
- Pro-quality outputs and built-in speaker system
- Control your other gear from the CP300
- Special Mono Piano sound ideal for live performance with a band
- Panel Lock feature ensures your settings don't get changed
- Realistic pedal control including "half-damper" effects
Authentic sound and playability for an inspiring experience
Like all fine instruments, the CP300 stage keyboard simply begs to be played. Sit down with one, and the instrument becomes an extension of your hands and your musical imagination. The authentic piano voices and rich expressiveness come alive at your touch, and the sound is big enough to blast through a full band onstage - yet nuanced enough to work magic in an intimate club.
Graded-Hammer Effect keyboard
Yamaha's extensive experience in crafting fine acoustic pianos helps them create the ultimate digital pianos. The CP300's advanced Graded Hammer Effect (GHE) action gives all keys an authentic resistance that increases from the top register to the lower - just as on an actual acoustic piano. Which means that you can naturally pound out thunderous low notes with your left hand and let the fingers on your right dance and fly with the high notes.
Premium-quality stereo samples including string resonance and key-off
In crafting the authentic sound of the CP300, Yamaha used meticulously recorded stereo samples of top-quality instruments, taken at various playing strengths, and included subtle elements such as String Resonance, Stereo Sustain, and even Key-Off Samples that capture the felt dampers muting the piano strings - providing the most authentic sounding and finely nuanced acoustic piano voices possible. A total of 50 original instrument sounds are included, backed up by another 480 XG sounds and 12 drum kits.
Pro-quality outputs and built-in speaker system
The CP300 features professional quality balanced XLR output connectors. These give you the cleanest, clearest noise-free signal - both for serious recording in the studio, and playing onstage where long unbalanced cables may compromise your sound. A built-in stereo speaker system on the CP300 lets you hear the sound of the keyboard without the need for setting up a separate monitor. Just bring the CP300 onstage and you're ready to perform! A convenient Speaker On/Off panel button lets you disable it and leave the monitoring levels to your sound man.
Control your other gear from the CP300
The CP stage pianos are also master keyboard controllers that give you full command of your gear. Play and control external tone generators (such as the MOTIF-RACK ES). Assign different voices to different keyboard sections and create multi-textured layers of sound. Four instrument Zones on the CP300 (two on the CP300), with panel sliders, let you easily tweak the level of each instrument as you play. You can also freely reassign the sliders and wheels to control other sonic characteristics of your gear, such as sound attack, decay, brightness and filter cutoff.
Special Mono Piano sound ideal for live performance
Step out front and make your presence known. The CP series has a special Mono Piano sound, complete with a compression effect, designed specifically for live performance. It has the punch and power to stand out, even in full band situations.
Panel Lock feature ensures your settings don't get changed
Onstage, you need to make sure everything goes smoothly. Sometimes an errant hand (yours or someone else's) can touch the panel controls and change your special settings, giving you a rude surprise in the middle of your performance. The Panel Lock button lets you prevent that, keeping all settings fixed and secure, until you're ready to change them yourself.
Realistic pedal control
The CP series keyboards give you the same pedal control as an actual grand piano. Sustain, Soft and Sostenuto jacks are available on the CP300 - along with a fourth pedal input for controlling other sound settings.
- 88-key Graded Hammer keyboard with authentic touch
- State-of-the-art AWM tone generation system
- Maximum polyphony of 128 notes
- 50 original Voices, plus 480 XG Voices and 12 Drum Kits
- Five-band Master EQ, with panel sliders
- Reverb, Chorus and other effects
- Comprehensive MIDI functions
- Four pedal connectors for maximum expression
- Real-time controllers, including sliders and Pitch Bend/Modulation wheels
- Built-in high-quality stereo speaker system
- Performance mode for storing and recalling custom settings
- Built-in 16-track sequencer for recording
- Master mode, for independent control of up to four external tone generators
- Balanced XLR outputs
- USB terminal - connect to a computer for recording, editing/arranging, and converting songs to notation