Matched Stereo Pair Pencil Capacitor Mics
Samson went from a back room in a music store in Orange County CA to a world leader in music technology by one simple idea. Produce high-quality equipment at a price that anyone can afford. They continue this mission with the CL2 Pencil Condenser microphones. Available as a matched pair Samson CL2s are true capacitor condenser mics that feature a highpass filter and a 10dB pad.
Samson designed the CL2s to be flexible enough to accommodate a variety of recording and live applications. Each CL2 comes with a pair of elements (capsules) that can easily be detached to change the pickup pattern to either omni-directional or cardioid. The capsules feature 3-micron, gold-sputtered diaphragms, which can handle SPLs of 141dB (cardioid), while the omni element can handle 138dB.
The Samson CL2 is an ideal choice for stereo recording or miking individual instruments. It shines on orchestral instruments, acoustic guitar, piano, and of course overhead drum and cymbal miking. Offering an excellent value in a stereo pair, the CL2s come in a durable, lightweight aluminum case with a pair of mic clips, pop filters, windscreens, shockmounts, and the cardioid and omni capsules.Samson CL2 Features:
- A pair of true capacitor microphones
- highpass filter and 10dB pad
- Includes removable cardioid and omni-directional elements
- Three micron, gold-sputtered diaphragms
- Maximum SPLs of 141dB (cardioid) and 138dB (omni)
- Includes 2 mic clips, 2 pop filters, 2 windscreens, 2 shockmounts, and a twin mic mount for stereo mounting
- Comes in durable, lightweight aluminum case