Buttery, Rich, and Smooth... the BV-1 is "That" Mic!
There's good reason the BV-1 tube condenser microphone belongs to Avantone's "Buttercream B Series." It's because this microphone gives you that hard-to-describe buttery smoothness, professional richness, and sonically sweet and airy top end — it's a very surprising tube microphone when you consider its affordable price. The BV-1 is a perfect fit as a go-to vocal microphone, as it just exudes class, both in its appearance and in its response. Although, you'll love how acoustic guitar, mandolin, drum overheads, percussion, and piano sound through your Avantone BV-1.Avantone BV-1 Large-diaphragm Tube Condenser Microphone at a Glance:
- Rich and smooth response — "Buttercream B Series"
- Primary pick for vocals, but a standout choice for much more
Rich and smooth response — "Buttercream B Series"
Avantone designated their B Series their "Buttercream B Series" — and there's a reason for that. You can expect the BV-1 to give you that smooth, rich, vintage response — with that airy open top end and warm, pleasing sonic character. It's a great mic sonically, not to mention aesthetically.
Primary pick for vocals, but a standout choice for much more
Any studio can be proud to have the BV-1 as a primary vocal microphone — and it's an exceptional choice for just that. But, this one's truly a multi-purpose studio tool. Try it on acoustic guitar, drum overheads, piano, mandolin, and really anything else that comes your way — it's a valuable microphone to have in your locker.
- BV-1 Multi-Pattern Tube Condenser Microphone
- Padded/Plush Lined Wooden Microphone Box
- Vintage-style Power Supply with 9 selectable patterns
- Custom Nickel-plated Pop Filter (Detachable)
- Custom Retro-style Shock Mount
- 5/8"- 3/8" stand adapter insert
- 15' Gotham GAC-7 Custom Mic Cable with Premium Nickel Switchcraft XLR connectors
- Packaged in a Tweed & Alligator Trim — Retro Styled, plush-lined Carrying Case
- Output Impedance: <200 Ohms / transformer isolated
- Maximum SPL: 134dB (0.5% THD @1000Hz) 144dB with pad engaged
- Frequency Response: 25Hz-20KHz
- Equivalent noise level: <18dB (A-weighted IEC 268-4)
- S/N Ratio: 78dB (Ref. 1Pa A-weighted)
- Sensitivity: -35dBV
- Output Connector: Male XLR 7 pin
- Tube Type: Select Low-Noise Russian 6072A
- 8 Highpass Switch
- 80Hz 6dB/octave Switch
- Attenuation Switch
- -10dB Switch
- Finish: Polished Nickel trim / Glossy Butter-cream Body
- Weight:1.3 kgs / 46 oz.
- Dimensions: 10"(250mm) Long x 2.5" (63mm) wide Body / 75mm (3") Grill