Impressively Accurate Yet Affordable Nearfield Monitors!
When we first heard the original Dynaudio BM5As, everyone at Sweetwater was deeply impressed by their performance. The absolutely huge sound coming from these little monitors quickly made them a favorite choice around here, and judging by their overall popularity, the rest of the pro audio world agreed. Dynaudio is back with the BM5A MKII - prepare to be blown away all over again! Beginning with an already-excellent design and making subtle yet significant improvements, the BM5A MKII is the true successor to the original BM5A.
Dynaudio tightened up the BM5A MKII's output, providing you with a well-defined sweet spot and cutting down on room reflections. Handcrafted aluminum drivers, an updated amplifier, and newly designed soft high-frequency waveguide technology step up the BM5A MKII's definition and frequency range. The addition of high-, mid-, and low-frequency filters, as well as a highpass filter option, gives you all of the flexibility you need to tune your BM5A MKIIs to your room or to combine them with a subwoofer. If you're looking for a set of nearfield monitors that will give you professional-standard, laser-beam-tight frequency precision at a price that's too good to pass up, then you need to grab a pair of Dynaudio BM5A MKIIs!Dynaudio BM5A MKII 2-way Active Monitors Features at a Glance:
- Active nearfield monitors with handcrafted aluminum-coil 7" woofers and 1" dome tweeters
- Frequency response: 45Hz-21kHz (+/- 3dB)
- HF, MF, LF analog room filters
- Highpass filter switch for integration with subwoofer
- Maximum SPL at 1 meter: 117dB peak
- Amplifier power-Tweeter: 50 watts; Woofer: 50 watts (90W Transient handling)
- Bass reflex cabinet with radius edges on front baffle
- Handcrafted aluminum drivers
- 1" soft dome tweeter: rear chamber, magnetic fluid-cooled design with precision soft waveguide
- 7" woofer: aluminum frame, 1-piece thermo-formed MSP cone, and 75mm pure aluminum-wire voice coil
- Crossover frequency: 1500Hz (6dB/oct)
- 12.5" x 12.5" x 7.3"