Delectably Dark Crash
It's hard not to fall in love with the rich and buttery sound of the Meinl 20" Byzance Vintage Crash - we certainly did! One look at the hammer-pocked and sandblasted surface of this crash cymbal is enough to convince anyone that this is a special instrument, but the effect that this treatment has on the already mellow sound of B20 bronze is astonishing. When we got to check this out here at Sweetwater, we were immediately struck by the virtually nonexistent attack and short sustain that blooms out when you hit this Byzance Vintage Crash. That makes it incredibly easy to create massive gong-like washes that surge up below the rest of your kit. Cool stuff.
Meinl 20" Byzance Vintage Crash Cymbal Features:
- An extremely mellow crash cymbal that neatly accents any kind of drum kit
- Sandblasted B20 bronze is characteristically dark and deep pitched with minimal attack
- Dry tone with medium to low volume presents a distinctly vintage character
- Extra-thin design delivers extremely short sustain you can swell up dramatically
- Ideally suited for jazz, fusion, funk, RNB, and more