No matter how long you've been playing, there's just something warm and familiar about a hand-lathed, hammer-finished Turkish cymbal, which is exactly what you get from these Meinl 14" Byzance Traditional Medium Hi-hats. When drummers here at Sweetwater got to check out these hats, two things really stood out: the tightness of the chick and the comfortable control of the open sound (no cringe factor at all). Tonally, Byzance Traditional Medium Hi-hats live right in that high/mid range, so they aren't even remotely harsh even though you can get them to pop. That means they're basically good for any kind of music, allowing you to use your playing chops to get the expression you want.
Meinl 14" Byzance Traditional Medium Hi-hats Features:
- Comfortable 14" hi-hats that work well for virtually any type of music
- Hand lathed and hammer finished by fine cymbal makers in Turkey
- B20 bronze delivers a high-midrange sound that's warm and rich
- Characteristically sharp chick and mellow open sound blends well
- Medium volume and sustain matches the smooth feel beautifully