Take Precision-control with Classic API Sound!
Yet another API modern classic, the 560 is a discrete 10-band graphic EQ - originally conceived for the API consoles in the 60s and 70s. This reissue is all about helping you achieve difficult equalization tasks. Not only does the API 560 give you that unique "API sound," but it also offers up incredible curve-shaping potential - especially when paired with a parametric EQ. Everything about the API 560 was born from the original - only this "new-old" version features improved resolution at +/- 4dB. You can use the API 560 within any API 500 Series chassis.API 560 500 Series 10-band Graphic Equalizer at a Glance:
- A reissue of a classic - 10 bands for serious sculpting with that "API sound"
- API's "Proportional-Q" Control
- API's 500 Series: Long-term flexibility, lasting value
Originally conceived for use in API Consoles of the 60s and 70s, the API 560 reissue is a unique device designed to give you a deep level of track-sculpting capabilities. It delivers that "one-of-a-kind" API sound, precision easy set filtering, and high headroom, all in a very small package. Extremely fast to set and reset using accurate zero detents, the curve-shaping potential of the 560 is phenomenal. With a large number of available EQ bands, when you pair the API 560 with an API parametric EQ, you've got an unbeatable system for carving and sweetening. At home both in field recording and the studio environment, this "new-old" version is a re-issue of the original 560 with improved resolution in the critical area of +/- 4dB. As you'd expect, the API 560 incorporates API's exclusive circuitry and proprietary components (such as the legendary 2520 op-amp), artfully blending the past with the present, layout with function.API's "Proportional-Q" Control
Making use of "API Proportional-Q", a design introduced by API in the 60s, the 560 intuitively widens the filter bandwidth at minimal settings and narrows it at higher settings - without the need for additional bandwidth controls. This feature minimizes the "phase-shift" sound found in many equalizers.API's 500 Series: Long-term flexibility, lasting value
The beauty of the entire API 500 Series is its long-term flexibility and lasting value - especially when you consider that needs change over time. With a range of mounting frame options, the API 560 will be a valuable asset to your ever-changing studio rigs. It's also ruggedly designed with sound you just won't outgrow - crafted to be your sonic partner for year after year after year.API 560 500 Series Modular 10-band Graphic Equalizer Features:
- 10 bands of API proprietary equalization
- Familiar graphics operation on one octave centers
- 12dB of boost/cut per band
- "Proportional Q" narrows filter Q at extremes
- Additional resolution within the +/-4 region
- Center detent for reliable reset
- Traditional API fully discrete circuit design
- Silent bypass button
- Reissue of the 1969 API 560 EQ
- 10-band graphic equalizer, 500 Series
- Filter Type:Proportional Q, Octave entered, Continuously Adjustable Level
- Filter Frequency Centers:31, 63, 125, 250, 500, 1kHz, 2kHz, 4kHz, 8kHz, 16kHz
- Filter Boost/Cut:+/- 12dB
- Filter Slope:12dB per Octave at full boost or cut
- Input Impedance:20 K Resistive, Balanced
- Output Impedance:Less than 85 Ohms
- Nominal Levels:-15 to +15 dBu
- Clipping Level:Better than +28 dBu
- Frequency Response:+0, -.25, 30Hz to 20kHz
- Noise:-95 dBu EQ Out, -90 dBu EQ In, Unweighted, 20Hz to 20kHz
- Distortion:.05% max, at +20 dBu Output
- Connectors:15 position .156 sp edge connector
- Power Requirements:+/-12/18 Volts/DC, at 60 ma.
- Size:1.5" X 5.25" X 6" Deep
- Actual Weight:1.5 lbs.