Legendary Console Sound
The API 3124MB+ 4-channel microphone and instrument preamp packs API console sound and performance into a very easy-to-use, premium-quality rackmountable unit — complete with a built-in stereo mixer!. Whether you're capturing vocals or plugging in an instrument, you'll definitely appreciate the 3124MB+. It uses the same preamp circuit found in API consoles, plus the same output transformer you'll find in API's equalizers — a recipe for great API sound and character! This preamp provides a very robust gain range, making it useful for a variety of input sources. When you want premium API performance and sound plus a high degree of hands-on control, choose the 3124MB+.API 3124MB+ 4-channel Mic/Instrument Preamp at a Glance:
- Ideal for a variety of audio applications
- Premium API components inside
- Perfect for mics and instruments alike
- Onboard stereo mixer and transformer balanced out
Ideal for a variety of audio applications
API's commitment to quality means the 3124MB+ provides a stellar front end to a wide variety of audio applications. The 3124MB+ is designed with the professional engineer in mind, giving you four channels of premium preamp performance, while keeping the size and price at a reasonable level. Equally at home in the control room, the recording studio, and news or recording truck, at the house console, on the stage, direct-to-DAT, or at the ready in your personal studio.
Premium API components inside
This preamp gives you the great sound and performance characteristics that make API gear so popular among studios, engineers, and musicians. How? The model 3124MB+ utilizes the same microphone preamp circuit that is used in all API consoles. It uses the RE-115 K mic input transformer and the same output transformer that is used in all API equalizers. All four mic inputs of the 3124MB+ are powered by an internal 48 volt phantom power supply, front panel switchable for each channel. Also provided is a front panel 20 dB pad switch that effects both the Mic and Line in.
Perfect for mics and instruments alike
You get plenty of headroom from this pre, whether you're plugging in a mic or an instrument. The model 3124MB+ can provide up to 65 dB of gain to an output clip level of +30dBm. The hi-Z front panel input goes directly to the op-amp, allowing a low level input such as a guitar or bass to be amplified without a matching transformer or direct box. This hi-Z input can take input levels as high as +22, making it perfect for keyboards and other high level devices. The rear output is an XLR connector.
Onboard stereo mixer and transformer balanced out
Essentially a 3124+ with the addition of a complete stereo mixer plus a transformer balanced out, the 3124MB+ gives you even more flexibility and hands-on control. In conjunction with the gain control of the 3124+, the 3124MB+ adds a stereo panner with a level control, and a post "fader" aux send. The stereo panners and the aux sends are bussed to master output controls and then to the rear panel jacks. A stereo AUX return is provided to return effects or cascade additional mixers for more inputs. The unique aux return pot acts like a panner to balance the left/right signal, yet staying stereo. It can also be used as a mono return.
- Uses API 2520 Op-amp
- Classic Console Circuit
- Four XLR Mic Inputs
- Four 1/4" Unbalanced Inputs
- Front Panel Polarity Switch
- Front Panel 20 dB PadSwitch
- Front Panel Mic/Line Switch
- Front Panel 48V Power Switch
- Output Clips at +30dBm
- Input Impedance: 1500 Ohms Mic, 470 K Ohms Unbalanced, hi-Z in
- Output Impedance: Less than 75 Ohms Channel Outputs
- Nominal Levels: XLR Channel Output +4 dBu
- Stereo Output Level: Unbalanced: nominal -2, Balanced: +4
- Clipping Level: XLR Channel Output better than +28dBm
- Frequency Response: +0, -5, 10Hz to 20kHz (-.5 at 10 Hz)
- Noise EIN:-129 Mic, -125 Un-Bal. Actual
- Measured Noise:Better than -91dBm/below Nominal +4.
- Distortion:All Outputs at +4 out, .03%, at +22, .09% Max
- Gain Range:150 Ohms Input 10dB Min., 65dB Max (inc. PAD). Un-Bal. Input 14 dB Min., 50dB Max
- VU Meter:Calibrated for XLR Outputs, OVU=+4 dBu, (-12, -6, -3, 0, +3, +6, +18)
- Controls:GAIN, PAD (20dB), 48Volts, POL (polarity), MIC (mic/un-ba;), VU, AC
- Dimensions:19" x 1U x 8"
- Weight: 9 lbs.