Big, Clear Sound from a Compact Monitor!
The Event ALP 5 active nearfield monitor brings you both accuracy and a big sound that you might not expect from such a small footprint. Thanks to its time-corrected baffle design, the ALP 5 offers improved midrange clarity, and it's innovative molded bass port allows for better bottom end than most smaller speakers. Its 5.25" shielded and damped woofer and 1" shielded high-frequency driver are powered by clean, efficient 50-watt LF and 30 HF amplifiers, respectively. This monitor gives you excellent rejection of RF interference, so the ALP 5 is ideal for use with your DAW system.Event ALP 5 Active Monitor Pair at a Glance:
- Superb stereo imaging
- Quality components
Superb stereo imaging
The molded baffle's time and phase-corrected design incorporates waveguide technology to give the ALP5 superb stereo imaging and exceptional midrange clarity. The large diameter low-air-restriction bass port (above) helps the ALP5 deliver maximum low frequency response.
The ALP 5's low frequency driver features a 5.25" magnetically shielded mineral-filled polypropylene cone with high temperature voice coil and damped rubber surround. The 1" magnetically shielded high-frequency driver incorporates a soft
dome neodymium radiator with a ferrofluid-cooled voice coil. These quality components, along with a 50-watt LF amplifier and 30-watt HF amp and 2.6kHz active crossover, make the ALP 5 both accurate and big-sounding.
Event made sure to build some peace of mind into the ALP 5. You get effective shielding against RF interference (perfect for desktop DAW use with a CRT monitor), output current limiting, and protections against over-temperature and transient spikes.
- Low-frequency driver: 5.25" magnetically shielded mineral-filled polypropylene cone with high temperature voice coil and damped rubber surround
- High-frequency driver: 1" magnetically shielded soft dome neodymium radiator with ferrofluid-cooled voice coil
- Frequency response: 53Hz-20kHz, ±3dB, Ref 500Hz
- Crossover: 2.6kHz active fourth-order
- Amplifier power: 50W LF driver/30W HF driver
- Noise: >100dB below full output, 20Hz - 20kHz bandwidth, unweighted
- Input Connectors: XLR and 1/4" connectors, accept balanced or unbalanced sources; RCA connector, accepts unbalanced sources
- Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn-on/off transient, subsonic filter, internal mains fuse
- Dimensions: 7.5"W X 10.5"H X 9"D
- Weight: 11.95 lbs. each