It has it's ups and downs
So, I bought this product thinking I would have access to the full controls of the synths. YOU DON'T GET THAT! You get a everest size mountain of presets, and the only controls you have on them are what knobs you have on the controller. grant it you can do the controllers with the mouse, but what you see on the keyboard is literally all you can control.
With that said, these models are as spot on as possible.
- makes a clipping sound on it's own, even when you aren't hitting notes
- in polymode there is no attenuation of the sound, so you really have to tweak the cutoff to prevent an overload if you aren't hosting this as a vst with compression abilities.
- if you don't like a sound, there really isn't much you can do with it unless it's hosted somewhere that you can add oscillators, eq it, etc.
I REALLY wouldn't recommend it unless you plan on hosting it in a daw where you can
- use noise reduction to get rid of the clipping
- use a eq to actually control the sound
- use compression to stop the poly modes from destroying your monitors
If it's not used there, this really could only be used for inspiration. I was really unimpressed.