Get Converted With 96kHz Reference Quality Audio
The ADI-8 DS from RME is a reference-quality, 8-channel A/D and D/A converter in a compact 19" 1U rackmount enclosure. Nearly identical to the RME ADI-8 PRO, the ADI-8 DS adds 88.2kHz & 96kHz sampling rates and Dither to the ADI-8 PRO's outstanding features which include Intelligent Clock Control (ICC), SyncCheck®, SyncAlign®, TDIF/ADAT converter and Bit Splitter. AD- and DA-circuit automatically operate either independently or linked. The ADI-8 DS's 24 bit converters with 128 times over-sampling, achieve more than 110 dB of real dynamic range and all digital inputs and outputs operate at full 24-bit resolution.
Everything To Gain
Any A/D converter is only as good as the gain compensation at the input. The ADI-8 DS has 3 gain levels, making it compatible with a wide range of studio equipment - loss is avoided before the signal gets to the A/D converter. Input gain is switchable between Lo Gain, +4 dBu and -10 dBV, and employs a special damping technique: using latest hi-grade electronic switches (ADG 451), the gain switch is placed in the best possible position within the signal path. This approach makes additional amplifier circuitry or long cables to mechanical components unnecessary and obsolete. The D/A converters get the best quality signal possible, so they can reach maximum SNR (signal-to-noise ratio) with minimum distortion.
Unique User Interface
The buzzword here is 'ICC' (Intelligent Clock Control), which describes the intelligent user interface and internal control for the complex clock-options of the ADI-8 DS. For the user this means: Switch on, configure within seconds, recognize and correct errors immediately (LEDs blink if lock is absent or there are any synchronization problems) This is the way it should be.
If you have been waiting for a flexible, fully professional yet affordable multi-channel converter - the wait is over; the RME ADI-8 DS is here!
RME ADI-8 DS Features:
- 8 channel AD-converter, completely symmetrical and DC-coupled audio path, 117 dBA SNR AD
- 8 channel DA-converter, balanced output, 112 dBA DA
- ADAT optical inputs, 24 bit, based on RME's unsurpassed Bit clock PLL for sample accurate lock
- ADAT optical outputs, 24 bit, fully compatible to all ADAT optical inputs
- TDIF-1 interface, 24 bit, Low Jitter PLL, Emphasis support, DA-88 compatible
- Bit Split/Combine, Yamaha 02R compatible technique to record 24 bit data onto 16 bit machines
- Copy Mode adds a unique 24 bit ADAT to/from TDIF converter
- Bit Split/Combine, Copy Mode, ADAT and TDIF usable in all combinations
- Digital Patchbay operation, allows to copy, duplicate and distribute the digital input signals
- Dither available, for full compatibility to 16 bit even at 96 kHz
- SyncCheck, unique technology to check clock synchronization
- Virtual Sample Buffer, allows to use the internal Low Jitter Clock (quartz crystal) even for DA-conversion
- Automatic storage of all settings