XT20: Budget-friendly and powerful!
Sweetwater invites you to start making the best sounding recordings of your life! The ADATXT20 will not only make your recordings sound better, but they do it for less than the cost of the original 16-bit ADAT XT! The ADATXT20 offers you eight tracks of true, linear 20-bit digital audio, without using external converters or multiplexers. You also get ultra-high fidelity 20-bit oversampling digital converters. For your advanced production work, the XT20 provides built-in digital editing features and 10-point autolocator/10-key numerical input system. It also offers a solid, six-pound die-cast aluminum chassis that's designed for heavy-duty applications.
• Audio Conversion: A/D converters are 24 bit converters with 128x oversampling, single converter per channel D/A converters are 20 bit converters with 128x oversampling, single converter per channel
• Sampling Rate: 44.1kHz, 48kHz selectable
• Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
• Dynamic Range: 102dB, A weighted in 20 bit mode
• Analog I/O: One ELCO connector, 16 RCA connectors (8 input, 8 output)
• Digital I/O: 2 fiber optical jacks (1 input, 1 output)
Here are three additional compelling reasons to purchase an Alesis ADAT XT20:
1. Compatibility: With literally hundreds of thousands of ADATs still in operation today, it makes a great deal of sense to install at least one ADAT XT20 in your studio. Even if you don't use it as your primary recording medium, many of the top recordings over the last decade were recorded to ADAT tape or are archived to this medium. You just never know when someone will walk into your studio with an ADAT tape for you to mix, edit or master. Implementing an ADAT XT20 into your studio couldn't be easier! It's rack-mountable and features analog (RCA and ELCO) and digital (Lightpipe) I/O. Remember, "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."
2. Backup and Storage: An ADAT XT20 will record a minimum of 40 minutes on each of its 8 tracks of better than CD-quality digital audio - that's over 1.6GB of information! When you consider the relatively long shelf life of ADAT tape, how ultra-affordable it's become and its durability and reliability (drop a hard drive on the floor, then drop an ADAT tape in its case…) an ADAT XT20 becomes an incredibly smart solution for backup and storage of your digital audio. Nearly every major digital mixer, recording medium and computer audio interface has implemented Alesis' ADAT Lightpipe technology making transfer of your digital audio to an ADAT XT20 a breeze!
3. Replacement: If you've been considering replacing your current ADATs, this is the time! For less than 1/3 the cost of the original "Black Face" ADAT you can have a shiny new, 20-bit version! The workhorse and backbone of personal and commercial studios of the '90s continues to be a viable recording option for many facilities and scenarios - now more affordable than ever!