A Premium Taylor 12-string with Ample Bottom End
For a powerful and super-playable 12-string to color your riffs and flesh out arrangements, many Sweetwater guitarists recommend the Taylor 956ce Grand Symphony. This Taylor acoustic-electric guitar has a warm, focused, and nuanced voice with a broad dynamic range, thanks to a spruce top, rosewood back and sides, and mahogany neck. An ebony fretboard with matching ebony appointments gives the 956ce a deluxe look, and an onboard ES2 pickup system delivers clean, natural amplification for the stage and studio. And playing high on the 956ce is comfortable thanks to an elegant Florentine cutaway.
Premium 12-string adds new textures to your material
This Taylor 12-string's chorus-y highs and complex octave interactions make it a solid option for guitarists who want to add new sonic hues to their songs and new life to their licks. The 956ce's tone and projection are everything you'd expect in a Taylor Grand Symphony, with the extended response of AA Sitka spruce for the top and an East Indian rosewood body. Deluxe 900 Series features, such as an articulate ebony wood fretboard, matching ebony armrest, and an abalone top trim, give this instrument exceptional beauty that you'll delight in every time you pull it from its case.
Custom bracing, glue, and finish for added warmth and sustain
Resonance enhancements give the 956ce's already huge Grand Symphony sound even deeper bass and better sustain. A thin 3.5-mil gloss finish protects and beautifies the body without choking the sound. Protein glue promotes sympathetic vibrations between woods. And Taylor's special 12-string bracing gives the 956ce a fuller bass response and singing note quality.
ES2 electronics deliver superior sound onstage and in studio
Artists who play plugged in will appreciate the natural-sounding Taylor Expression System 2 (ES2) electronics onboard the 956ce. This system features a 3-section proprietary pickup located behind the guitar's saddle for clear and accurate sound reproduction. Discreet contoured master volume and tone controls let you tweak your sound and output from the stage, and a phase switch helps you squelch feedback before it starts.
Taylor 956ce 12-string Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- A full 12-string sound for folk, classic rock, and psychedelic music
- Grand Symphony body has deep bass and superior dynamic response
- AA Sitka spruce top delivers a focused tone with excellent articulation
- AA Indian rosewood back and sides for chunky lows and delicate highs
- Tropical mahogany neck with fast satin finish
- Ebony fretboard responds accurately to nuanced playing styles
- Exquisite ascension fingerboard and headstock inlays, ebony armrest, and abalone top trim
- Elegant Florentine cutaway for easier upper-fret access
- ES2 behind-saddle pickup with balanced output for clean and natural amplification
- Onboard preamp lets you control volume, tone, and feedback from the stage
- Antique gold Gotoh tuners provide smooth action with enhanced tuning stability