A Premium Taylor 6-string with Ample Bottom End
For a powerful and super-playable 6-string to color your riffs and flesh out arrangements, many Sweetwater guitarists recommend the Taylor 916ce Grand Symphony. This Taylor acoustic-electric guitar has a warm, focused, and nuanced voice with a broad dynamic range, thanks to a spruce top, rosewood back and sides, and mahogany neck. An ebony fretboard and armrest with matching ebony appointments give the 916ce a deluxe look with added playing comfort, and an onboard ES2 pickup system delivers clean, natural amplification for the stage and studio. Playing high on the 916ce is a breeze, thanks to an elegant Florentine cutaway.
Grand Symphony really means grand!
The body shape of the 916ce is called Grand Symphony — and it's not just a name. Just a bit larger than Taylor's Grand Auditorium body style, the wide lower bout of the Grand Symphony produces powerful low to midrange frequencies, and its narrow waist directs that melodic power through the soundhole to the listener's ear. The Grand Symphony shape is musically and ergonomically wonderful to hear and to play.
Custom bracing, glue, and finish for added warmth and sustain
Resonance enhancements give the 916ce's already-huge Grand Symphony sound even deeper bass and better sustain. A thin 3.5-mil gloss finish protects and beautifies the body without choking the sound. Protein glue promotes sympathetic vibrations between woods. And Taylor's Advanced Performance bracing gives the 916ce a fuller bass response and singing note quality.
Deluxe comfort and next-level tuning
With the 916ce, your comfort is enhanced with a thoughtfully designed, smoothly integrated ebony armrest. According to Master Designer Andy Powers, the added ergonomics of the armrest improve the sound of the guitar by more closely pairing the player and the instrument. In other words, a more comfortable fit helps you play better. And to ensure that tone is kept on pitch, Taylor selected Gotoh 510 series antique gold tuners, with torque-balanced gearing for enhanced rotational smoothness and precision.
ES2 electronics deliver superior sound onstage and in studio
Artists who play plugged in will appreciate the natural-sounding Taylor Expression System 2 (ES2) electronics onboard the 916ce. This system features a 3-section proprietary pickup located behind the guitar's saddle for clear and accurate sound reproduction. Discreet contoured master volume and tone controls let you tweak your sound and output from the stage, and a phase switch helps you squelch feedback before it starts.
Taylor 916ce 6-string Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- Grand Symphony body has deep bass and superior dynamic response
- AA Sitka spruce top delivers a focused tone with excellent articulation
- AA Indian rosewood back and sides for chunky lows and delicate highs
- Tropical mahogany neck with fast satin finish
- Ebony fretboard responds accurately to nuanced playing styles
- Exquisite ascension fingerboard and headstock inlays, ebony armrest, and abalone top trim
- Elegant Florentine cutaway for easier upper-fret access
- Integrated ebony armrest makes playing the 916ce a delight
- ES2 behind-saddle pickup with balanced output for clean and natural amplification
- Onboard preamp lets you control volume, tone, and feedback from the stage
- Antique gold Gotoh tuners provide smooth action with enhanced tuning stability