Discover the Difference a Taylor Guitar Can Make!
The 800 Series traces its roots to Bob Taylor's first guitars and reflects many of his most enduring ideas. The new 814ce features quartersawn Indian rosewood backs and sides, premium-grade Sitka spruce tops, and a new pearl inlay design. A shimmering abalone rosette complements the upgraded maple binding with black purfling.Taylor Guitar 814ce at a Glance:
- A player's favorite with Sitka spruce and Indian rosewood
- Grand Auditorium design for tonal precision and note definition
- Includes Taylor Expression System for optimum amplification
- Lustrous gloss finish resists checking, is eco-friendly
A player's favorite with Sitka spruce and Indian rosewood
Perennially one of Taylor's most popular models, the exquisite 814ce brings together the unmistakable tone of rosewood, classic Taylor styling, and the versatility of a Grand Auditorium body, plus adds a cutaway and Expression System electronics to complete the perfect picking package. The Sitka spruce top beautifully responds to rosewood's special language, translating its rich overtones and dark humors into a tonal palette of stunning breadth.
Taylor Guitar 814ce Grand Auditorium design
Taylor's Grand Auditorium combines the width and depth of a Dreadnought with a narrower waist. Its sleek design yields a strong treble zing across the tonal spectrum and sharpens the definition of individual notes. The Grand Auditorium is a strong fingerpicking guitar that also adapts well to medium strumming.
Taylor Expression System for optimum amplification
Designed to faithfully reproduce your guitar's native tone, the Expression System utilizes patented Dynamic Sensors to capture top and string vibration like never before. Created in partnership with renowned audio pioneer, Mr. Rupert Neve, the Taylor ES is seamlessly integrated into the design of the 814ce from the ground up. Onboard tone controls provide added flavor, or set flat for an uncolored, exceptionally clean amplified sound.
Taylor Guitar 814ce gloss finish resists checking, is eco-friendly
The finish used to create the 814ce's lustrous gloss top, back, and sides was developed at Taylor for maximum durability and resistance to cold-checking. This ultra violet-cured finish is also more environmentally friendly than traditional lacquer finishes. Available finish options in this series are natural back, sides, and top, and natural back and sides with a tobacco or honey sunburst top.
- Type/Shape: 6-String Grand Auditorium
- Color: Natural
- Back & Sides: Indian Rosewood
- Top: Sitka Spruce
- Soundhole Rosette: Abalone
- Neck: Tropical American Mahogany
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Fretboard Inlay: Pearl 800 Series
- Headstock Overlay: Indian Rosewood
- Binding: Maple
- Bridge: Ebony
- Nut & Saddle: Tusq
- Tuning Machines: Gold-plated Taylor Tuners with Ebonoid Buttons
- Scale Length: 25 1/2 Inches
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Neck Width at Nut: 1 3/4 Inches
- Number of Frets: 20
- Bracing: Scalloped, X-Brace
- Finish: Gloss
- Cutaway: Venetian
- Electronics: Taylor Expression System
- Body Width: 16 Inches
- Body Depth: 4 5/8 Inches
- Body Length: 20 Inches
- Overall Length: 41 Inches
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell