Great Stereo Imaging and Excellent Frequency Balance From This Genelec!
The Genelec 8130A 5" Active Monitor boasts a compact size, integrated construction, and excellent stereo imaging that all work together to make it ideal as a near field monitor, yet also perfectly suited for use in broadcast and TV control rooms, mobile vans, and as a part of a surround sound system. You'll enjoy reliable frequency balance, even in the most difficult of rooms, and you'll get enough distortion-free low end extension that you won't need an additional subwoofer, unless you really want one. In all, the Genelec 8130A is an affordable, high-quality active monitor.Genelec 8130A 5" Active Monitor at a Glance:
- Excellent frequency balance even in difficult acoustic environments
- Integrated design delivers excellent stereo imaging
- No sub necessary because of its extended low frequency response
- Easy to set up and use
Excellent frequency balance even in difficult acoustic environments
The 8130A features an all-aluminum Minimum Diffraction Enclosure (MDE) and Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW) technology that works alongside carefully matched advanced amplifier and electronics circuitry. What that means for you is important: you can rely on your 8130A's excellent frequency balance even when you're working in a less-than-ideal acoustic environment.
Integrated design delivers excellent stereo imaging
Expect detailed stereo imaging with the Genelec 8130A. Its integrated design allows both the amplifiers and the drivers to be calibrated as a single unit, which not only eliminates the effects of component tolerances, but ensures consistent quality.
Extended low frequency response
Genelec designed the 8130A to have sufficient low frequency extension for most situations. In fact, its low frequency response extends down to 55Hz (-3dB) while its new rear reflex port design assists in keeping distortion extremely low. However, if you need greater SPLs and a lower cut-off frequency, the 8130A pairs nicely with the Genelec 7050B subwoofer.
Digital or Analog - it's easy to set up and use
Just connect the main power supply and the input signal and you're ready to go. The 8130A's female XLR input connector can be fed with either AES/EBU formatted digital signal or analog line level audio signal. Whether you just connected an analog or digital signal into your 8130A, there's no need to crawl around again and toggle any switches - this monitor automatically detects analog or digital signals and directs them to the correct signal paths.
- AES/EBU digital audio and analog audio inputs in a single loudspeaker
- 192kHz/24-bit Digital Audio Interface
- Automatic detection of word length and sampling frequency
- Supports single-wire and dual-wire digital input mode
- Excellent level match throughout the system from D/A converter to power amplifier outputs
- Compatible with LSE stereo subwoofer
- High system integration and ease of use
- Daisy-chaining of up to 8 loudspeakers in digital or analog mode