Small-bodied Taylor with Big Tone!
Taylor's redesigned 812e 12-Fret acoustic-electric guitar is the culmination of 40 years of experience and research. The 812e 12-Fret features Indian rosewood back and sides, premium-grade Sitka spruce top, mahogany neck with ebony fretboard, and a pearl inlay design. Taylor went back to the drawing board to create custom Advanced Performance bracing and optimized wood thickness for each guitar model to give you the most out of your guitar. Everyone at Sweetwater is impressed with how the 812e 12-Fret guitar sounds unplugged, especially with its natural 12-fret projection. You'll love the sound of Taylor's updated Expression System 2 at your plugged-in gigs. The Taylor 812e 12-Fret Grand Concert has a robust output, dynamic range, and sensitive response for all types of players.
Taylor 812e 12-Fret Grand Concert Acoustic-electric Guitar at a Glance:
- Super-comfortable Grand Concert body style provides excellent tonal balance
- A richer, more vibrant voice than ever before thanks to custom bracing
- Taylor's Expression System 2 delivers incredibly natural sound with full dynamics
Taylor's Grand Concert body style gives you clarity, focus, and balanced tone that sits beautifully in thicker arrangements where a larger-bodied acoustic would take up too much real estate. The 812e 12-Fret's modified bracing and shorter scale length give you a darker and punchier tone than the standard 14-fret model. At the same time, the way the neck joins the body at the 12th fret adds serious natural acoustic projection to this instrument. All told, the 812e 12-Fret is a wonderful choice if you want a smaller-bodied guitar with a full-bodied sound. One of the things we like best about Taylor at Sweetwater is that their various body styles are designed for specific purposes, allowing you to choose a guitar that's the perfect match for your style. With the 812e, Taylor takes that to another level by carefully matching the thickness of the spruce top and rosewood back and sides to the body style. They determined what the optimum wood thickness for the 812e's dreadnought body would be, to give you maximum tone and light weight while also being equally strong.A richer, more vibrant voice than ever before thanks to custom bracing
You'll notice that the Taylor 812e 12-Fret boasts exceptionally vibrant tones with a unique character. Taylor went back to the drawing board and redesigned their bracing patterns to get the optimum response out of each of their iconic body shapes. Taylor even added side bracing to add rigidity to the sides and enhance top and back movement. In the words of luthier Andy Powers, the updated Advanced Performance bracing pattern gives the 812e 12-Fret a "nice, cushy swell and long sustain, even with a delicate touch."
<Taylor's Expression System 2 delivers incredibly natural sound with full dynamics
Traditionally, acoustic-electric guitars have employed under-saddle piezo transducers, but Taylor has discovered a better way. Their revolutionary Expression System 2 uses a proprietary pickup behind the saddle. The pickup's three individually calibrated, precisely positioned piezo-electric sensors respond organically to the instrument's acoustic energy as it's transferred through the saddle. In concert with Taylor's custom-designed preamp (which delivers a 25% hotter signal), the result is a more natural acoustic sound with incredible dynamic range and responsiveness to your pick or finger attack. Sweetwater's guitar gurus are mightily impressed with Taylor's Expression System 2. Whether you're onstage through a PA, plugged into an acoustic amp, or direct into recording software, the ES2 faithfully conveys the voice of a Taylor guitar.
- 812e 12-Fret with updated bracing and electronics
- Smaller than average 12-fret Grand Concert body style is extremely comfortable and naturally loud
- Shorter scale length and modified bracing give you a darker, punchier sound
- Expression System 2 electronics deliver natural acoustic sound to your amp or PA
- Exceptionally open, vibrant sound thanks to real protein glue, no synthetic adhesives used
- Maximum strength and tone with minimum weight, thanks to customized wood thickness
- Custom-designed bracing provides better response, projection, and tone
- Sitka spruce top provides a light and expressive sound
- Indian rosewood back and sides gives you a rich, vibrant sound with exceptional projection
- Includes hardshell case