Versatile, Compact, and Powerful Field Recorder!
The Sound Devices 788T-SSD is a portable 8-track audio recorder with time code - ideal when you need extensive, fully-featured I/O and superb, professional sound. Each of the 788T-SSD's eight mic/line inputs provide peak limiters, highpass filters, and 48v phantom power for condensers. What's more, the 788T-SSD's extensive routing flexibility lets you route each input to mixed tracks or to isolated tracks. Record to its internal 256GB solid-state drive, CompactFlash, or an external hard drive or DVD-RAM via FireWire or even USB simultaneously. For flexible, high track-count field recording, look to the Sound Devices 788T-SSD.
The Sound Devices 788T-SSD was designed to meet - and even exceed - all of your needs when you're out in the field recording. Boasting eight inputs, each can accept either microphone or line-level signals, provide 48V phantom power for condenser microphones, offer peak limiters for your mic inputs, and fully adjustable highpass filters. Plus, you can use the 788T-SSD's routing flexibility to record your tracks as best suits your situation - either route each input to mixed tracks, or to its own isolated track.
The 788T-SSD has three options for recording media: internal 256GB solid state hard drive, CompactFlash media with UDMA support, or an external FireWire hard drive or DVD-DAM (with bus powering). Any or all of these options can be used simultaneously for the ultimate in flexibility.
When connected to a Mac OS or Windows computer with high-speed USB or FireWire 400/800, the 788T-SSD conveniently acts as a high-speed mass storage device with an impressive 256GB solid-state hard drive.
Not only was the Sound Devices 788T-SSD designed to be the ultimate in portability and convenience for field recording, but it was also designed to handle the most professional chores with class. The 788T-SSD can be clocked from external word clock or from video sync. It also has a high-accuracy time code reader/generator onboard. A handy auto-record feature lets you chase external rec-run video sources, when used alongside film. Plus, while a bright LCD display, and large-print buttons make the 788T easy to use, you can even hook up a USB keyboard to the 788T to enter data, or control the unit via keyboard shortcuts.Sound Devices 788T-SSD Features at a Glance:
- Eight recording tracks
- Eight mic/line inputs, each controlled with front panel, pop-out gain controls
- Each input has solo headphone monitoring, 48 V phantom, limiter, polarity reverse, highpass, and selectable delay
- 8 x 2 mix assignment
- Backlit LCD display viewable in any environment
- 8 x 13-segment Peak/VU meters with arm LED
- Word clock in and out with tri-level video sync support
- Time code generator supports all data rates; holds time code for four hours with no power sources attached
- Internal 256GB, soid-state hard drive
- CompactFlash slot with UDMA support
- Powered by removable Li-ion rechargeable batteries
- External DC power input operates unit and charges Li-ion battery
- Back panel multi-pin connector for one-cable connection to digital mixing board (AES input/output, power, switch closure in/out)
- FireWire 400/800 and USB 2.0 for ultra-fast connection of CF and HDD to computer
- USB keyboard input for control
- Aluminum & stainless-steel chassis for exceptional durability and light weight