Portable High-resolution Field Recorder
The 2-channel 702 is a powerful file-based digital audio recorder. The compact device records and plays back audio to cost-effective, removable Compact Flash cards, making field recording simple and fast. It writes and reads uncompressed PCM audio at 16 or 24 bits with sampling rates between 32kHz and 192kHz. Compressed (MP3) audio playback is also supported.
Sound Devices 702 Digital Recorder at a Glance:
- Premium preamps for high-bandwidth recording
- Pro features, compact size, ease of use
- Reliable CompactFlash storage
The 702 implements a no-compromise audio path that includes Sound Devices' next-generation microphone preamplifiers. Designed specifically for high-bandwidth, high-bit-rate digital recording, these preamps set a new standard for frequency response linearity, low distortion performance, and low noise.
Pro features, compact size, ease of use
Few recorders on the market match the 702's size or feature set. In addition, its learning curve is quite short - powerful does not mean complicated. While the 702T is a very capable recorder by itself, it truly excels when used in conjunction with an outboard audio mixer such as Sound Devices' own 442 or 302.
Reliable CompactFlash storage
The 702's CompactFlash storage is a highly-reliable industry standard. The removable, rechargeable battery is the popular Sony-compatible Li-ion camcorder cell. The 702 interconnects with Windows and Mac OS computers for convenient data transfer and backup.
- Two channels of Sound Devices next-generation microphone preamps with phantom, limiters, and highpass filters
- Records removable Compact Flash cards for convient file audio file storage
- AES3 (XLR) or AES3id (unbalanced AES on BNC) digital inputs and AES3id outputs
- Programmable, sunlight-viewable LED level metering
- WAV format, mono or poly files, uncompressed PCM audio
- 24-bit or 16-bit (with or without dither) and sampling at 32kHz-192kHz
- MP3/MP2 decoder, 64 to 320 kb/s stereo file
- FireWire (IEEE-1394) port for high-speed computer access ot the Compact Flash card
- 6-pin modular C. Link serial input and output for unit linking and control with the CL-1
- Removable Li-on rechargeable battery compatible with Sony M- and L-mount Li-on batteries
- 10-18 VDC external input powers and charges on-board battery
- Aluminum & stainless-steel chassis for exceptional durability and light weight
- Class-defining compact size
- Designed for the same operational environmental extremes as Sound Devices field mixers