Big Tone with Spruce and Maple
Taylor's 616 acoustic guitar embodies a superb blend of classic tonewoods and modern electronics. With it, you get a gorgeous, solid Sitka spruce top with Big Leaf maple back and sides, ensuring excellent tone when unplugged. The Grand Symphony body style perfectly compliments the selection of tonewoods, adding powerful projection and a natural treble emphasis to the Taylor 616 acoustic guitar.
Taylor 616 Acoustic Guitar at a Glance:
- Choice tonewoods - Sitka spruce meets Big Leaf maple
- Grand Symphony body style gives you balanced sound and incredible projection
- Beautiful, durable Taylor finish
The 616 is a prime example of the high-quality tonewoods Taylor selects for their guitars. It features time-proven Sitka spruce as its top, which gives you wonderful projection with the perfect amount of sparkle, and the 616's Big Leaf maple back and sides give it an extra bright and snappy tone.Grand Symphony body style gives you balanced sound and incredible projection
Taylor's Grand Symphony body style, featured on the 616, is a more modern take on the sleek Grand Auditorium shape, but with the waist moved up toward the neck. This gives the Taylor 616 a slightly larger lower bout, giving you an excellent blend of power and projection, without losing the high-end definition of the Grand Auditorium body style. At Sweetwater we love expressive and toneful acoustic guitars, and the Taylor 616 acoustic definitely fits that bill.Beautiful, durable Taylor finish
The lustrous finish used on the 616 was developed at Taylor for maximum durability and resistance to cold-checking. This ultra violet-cured polyester finish is also more environmentally friendly than traditional lacquer finishes. You get the feel and tonal advantages of traditional nitrocellulose lacquer, with the durability of a modern finish. The remarkable thinness of the finish allows the wood to resonate more freely for superior tone; it's also clearer than lacquer and won't yellow over time - a common problem with nitro finishes as they age. The Taylor finish gives you the best of both worlds.Taylor 616 Acoustic Guitar Features:
- An extra-bright acoustic guitar that's great for a wide range of playing styles
- 600 series advanced performance bracing offers better vibration transfer and tone
- Grand Symphony body style delivers huge, balanced tone, with a sweetly expressive upper register
- Torrefied Sitka spruce top provides a light and expressive sound
- Maple back and sides add chiming brightness to your sound.
- Hand-rubbed brown sugar finish on the back and sides
- Includes hardshell case