An Excellent Paging Mic
The Shure 522 dynamic base station microphone is the perfect microphone for use in radio communications, paging, intercom systems, or dispatching operations. A push-to-talk control bar prevents accidental transmission, and its cardioid/unidirectional pickup pattern minimizes distracting background noise during broadcasting. To match your system, you can set the 522's output from 19 ohms to 300 ohms, or to the high-impedance (hi-Z) connection used by older systems. You can also lock the 522's highly durable momentary control bar to suit your needs — perfect for use with an external relay or control circuit.
Shure 522 Dynamic Base Station Microphone Features at a Glance:
- Cardioid/unidirectional pickup pattern suppresses unwanted background noise and reduces feedback in public-address paging applications
- Dual impedance modes with change switch for convenient changeover — 19-300 ohms (260 ohms actual) and "High" for connection hi-Z mic inputs
- Fingertip control bar (locking or nonlocking action)
- Long-life switch to satisfy rigorous requirements of communications and paging systems
- Sturdy, high-impact ARMO-DUR base and microphone case
- Adjustable microphone height
- Internal rubber-vibration isolator
- Conversion kit available for monitor/transmit switching
- 7' nondetachable cable
- 60Hz-11kHz frequency response
- Net weight: 1.625 lbs.