Freakishly Clean Gain!
Stick an Earthworks 521 ZDT microphone preamplifier in your 500 Series rack and you'll never have to look far for totally transparent gain. The solid state 521 ZDT preamp is essentially a 500 Series version of the Earthworks 1021, a mic pre that's extremely popular among professional engineers who record jazz and orchestral music because it simply doesn't distort. We're talking no noise, no hiss, no false harmonics, nothing! Precision controls let you adjust your gain from 5dB all the way up to 60dB in 5dB steps, making it easy to recall your Earthworks 521 ZDT preamp's settings down the road.Earthworks 521 ZDT 500 Series Microphone Preamplifier Features:
- A pristine single-channel preamp for your 500 Series rack
- Based on the Earthworks ZDT Zero Distortion Preamplifiers technology designed by David Blackmer
- Less than 1 part per million of distortion ensures maximum signal clarity and fidelity
- Dial in 5dB to 60dB (more than enough gain for low-output dynamic mics) in 5dB steps for easy recall
- Transformerless output stage easily drive long cable runs without loss of quality
- Includes phantom power and polarity switches for added flexibility