Boutique Tube Sound For Less!
Wanting a great channel strip? The 5051 from TL Audio deserves your attention. This single-channel processor employs six tube stages to warm up your source — be it a lead vocal, a bass line, or a drum source. On the preamplifier side of the TL Audio 5051, you'll have input gain, phantom power, a 90Hz filter, and a 30dB pad under your control. The 5051 also gives you a 4-band equalizer. Last, but not least, you can dial in the right sound using hard or soft-knee compression onboard the TL Audio 5051 channel strip.TL Audio 5051 Mono Tube Voice Processor/Channel Strip at a Glance:
- Full-on tube channel strip with six tube stages for signature tube warmth
- Flexible preamplifier stage — perfect for a range of sources
- Robust compression section, identical to the TL Audio 5021
- Pre- or post-compression 4-band equalization system
Full-on tube channel strip with six tube stages for signature tube warmth
Trust TL Audio for that unmistakable tube sound — they've built a solid reputation for high-quality tube gear, and the 5051 "Ivory Series" Mono Tube Voice Processor is certainly just that. This tube channel strip features six tube stages to warm up your sources — one tube in the preamplifier, one tube in the compressor, and four tube in the equalizer.
Flexible preamplifier stage — perfect for a range of sources
While TL Audio calls the 5051 the "Mono Tube Voice Processor" — don't think it's just limited to vocals. It's set to warm up the "voice" of a range of sources — bass and percussion certainly come to mind. There's a 1/4" jack on the front panel for directly accommodating your instrument sources. Whatever you have running into the 5051, so you can adjust the right settings on the preamplifier using the onboard input gain, phantom power, 90Hz filter, and 30dB pad. Also worth note, there's a Link switch on the rear panel, so you can hook two 5051s together for stereo operation.
Robust compression section, identical to the TL Audio 5021
TL Audio decked out the 5051 with the same compression outfit as their 5021, making the 5051 an even more remarkable value. The compressor offers hard- and soft-knee compression modes and has four switchable attack times and four switchable release times. There's also a sidechain insert point. What's more, TL Audio added an optical gate with variable threshold. The VU meter switches among metering input level, output level, and gain reduction.
Pre- or post-compression 4-band equalization system
The TL Audio 5051 channel strip's 4-band equalization system can be switched before or after the compressor section, for flexibility. The 4-band system is modeled on TL Audio's famous EQ-1, giving you great results without much tweaking necessary.
- Mono channel strip with six tube stages for unmistakable tube warmth
- Excellent value — borrows features from the 5021 and legendary EQ1
- Good choice on vocals, bass guitars, and percussion
- Pre-post compression 4-band EQ with HF- and lF-shelving and LM- and HM-peaking
- Full hard-/soft-knee compressor section with sidechain and an optical gate
- Link switch lets you connect two 5051s for stereo operation
- Offers balanced XLR line input/output, duplicated on unbalanced jack connectors
- Switchable VU metering of input level, output level, or gain reduction
- Optional 24-bit digital output card available
- Mic Input: Mic Noise (EIN): -127dBu (150 ohm source, 22Hz to 22kHz)
- Line Input (Balanced): Maximum level: +26dBu
- Line Output (Balanced): Maximum level: +26dBu
- Frequency Response: 10Hz to 40kHz, +0, -1dB
- Noise: -80dBu (22Hz to 22kHz)
- Dynamic Range: 106dB
- Power Supply: Consumption: 20VA typical