This 12-string Delivers Superb Taylor Tone!
Taylor's 456ce 12-string acoustic-electric guitar gives you a wonderful blend of classic tonewoods and modern electronics. With a 456ce, you get a gorgeous solid Sitka spruce top complemented by an ovangkol back and sides. You'll love the way this guitar sounds unplugged, but it also comes loaded with Taylor's Expression System electronics, so it also sounds fantastic when you plug in onstage. And thanks to its Grand Symphony body style, the 456ce provides you with both an excellent tonal balance and powerful projection. If you're looking for an 12-string acoustic guitar that's ready for any playing style or venue, the Taylor 456ce is a great choice!
Taylor 456ce 12-string Acoustic-electric Guitar at a Glance:
- Choice tonewoods - Sitka spruce and ovangkol offers rich, full-bodied tone
- Grand Symphony body style gives you balanced sound and incredible projection
- Taylor's Expression System 2 delivers incredibly natural sound with full dynamics
The 456ce, is a prime example of the high-quality tonewoods Taylor selects for their guitars. It features time-proven Sitka spruce as its top, which gives you wonderful projection with the perfect amount of sparkle. The 456ce's ovangkol back and sides also give it an intensely vibrant quality that's similar to rosewood, but with a unique character all of its own.Grand Symphony body style gives you balanced sound and incredible projection
Taylor's Grand Symphony body style, featured on the 456ce, is a more modern take on the sleek Grand Auditorium shape, but with the waist moved up toward the neck. This gives the 456ce a slightly larger lower bout, giving you an excellent blend of power and projection, without losing the high-end definition of the Grand Auditorium body style.Taylor's Expression System 2 delivers incredibly natural sound with full dynamics
If you play plugged in, then you're going to love the Taylor Expression System 2 (ES2) electronics built into your 456ce acoustic guitar. The key to this fantastic system is the 3-section proprietary pickup located behind the saddle. Because of where it's positioned and how it's integrated into the 456ce's saddle, the ES2 pickup provides you with remarkably clear and accurate sound. In addition to a master volume control, a pair of tone controls let you tweak your highs and lows to get the sound you need, and a discreet phase switch offers vital onboard feedback suppression. We were more than impressed when Taylor came to Sweetwater to show us what this system can do, and we think you will be too.Taylor 456ce 12-string Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- A 12-string acoustic-electric guitar with a bold and vibrant sound that's great for a wide range of playing styles
- Grand Symphony body style gives you a balanced tone with extra punch and exceptional projection
- Cutaway body offers easier access to the upper register
- Sitka spruce top provides a light and expressive sound
- Ovangkol back and sides add resonance and color, similar to that of rosewood
- Onboard Taylor Expression System 2 electronics give you natural sound even when plugged in live
- Hardshell case included