Sound Quality, Visual Elegance and Versatility!
When it comes to amplifying your voice with a microphone, you really have just four options: a mic on a stand, a handheld mic, a lavalier or a headset. The latter two offer hands-free mobility, and the lavalier is a popular choice for preachers, lecturers and "stand-up" entertainers, but if you want to take the quality and consistency of your sound to the next level, The DPA 4088 miniature cardioid headband provides the best sounding directional headworn microphone available today for performing talent of various sorts. Type 4088F is the beige version of the 4088.DPA 4088F at a Glance:
- Miniature cardioid condenser headworn mic.
- Improved feedback rejection.
- Compatible with all leading professional wireless systems.
- The most invisible headworn cardioid microphone today.
The DPA 4088 headset offers many sonic benefits. The 4088 headset delivers the same sound whether the person is looking up, down, straight ahead or to the side. Second, the 4088 headset mic can be positioned in a prime spot close to the mouth. This translates to a strong, natural sound that has fewer feedback problems. DPA's model 4088 headset mic extends the benefits of the category another notch or two by nature of its cardioid (directional) pickup pattern. Unlike the common omnidirectional headset mic, the 4088 is designed to reject sound coming from behind the mic's element. This includes floor wedge monitors, loud instruments, reverb and any other unwanted sound source. The end result is cleaner sound, with improved feedback rejection. Open, natural and reliable are the most descriptive words for this microphone. The high quality of the microphone itself means that you will hear the sound of the voice right away - not the microphone.Designed For Acoustically Demanding Live Performance
The all-new DPA 4088 cardioid headband mic is a clear winner. Small and lightweight, just 14 grams (1/2 oz), no other headband offers such a secure and comfortable fit. Quality construction, the use of moisture resistant materials and compatibility with all leading professional wireless systems, makes the DPA 4088 the ultimate miniature to maximize live performance. In high SPL events and when feedback is a concern, the 4088 will tackle these challenges with ease. The capsule is hidden in a small and ultralightweight housing. The bass response is designed for optimal linearity at 2-3 centimeters (about 1 inch) from the sound source. This means that the bass roll-off will be relatively prominent at a greater distance - a paramount factor when it comes to rejection of background noise and in the fight to avoid feedback. The mechanical design is based on the proven construction quality of the 4066 headband microphone. The headband mount is exactly the same, however the boom is 3 centimeters longer, to match the need for placement at the corner of the mouth. To avoid "popping", the element should not be put directly in front of the mouth. The sound timbre and of the mouth as it is in the front. Sound quality, visual elegance and versatility go hand in hand to transform every show into the performance of a lifetime.Visual Elegance and Versatility
The smooth and elegant design of the 4088 makes it the most invisible headworn cardioid microphone today. Sound quality, visual elegance and versatility go hand in hand to transform every show into the performance of a lifetime. The capsule is a pre-polarized first order pressure gradient transducer, hidden in a small and lightweight housing with dimensions just slightly larger than our omni capsules. The mechanical design is based on the proven build quality of the 4066 headband microphone. The headband mount is exactly the same; the boom however is 3 centimeters longer, to be able to match the need for placement at the corner of the mouth. The flexibility and stability of this construction is unique and has no equal.DPA 4088F Features:
- Principle of operation: Pressure gradient.
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser element with vertical diaphragm.
- Power supply: Min 5V - max. 50V through the adapter system from DPA Microphones.
- Frequency range: 100Hz - 20Khz (+/-2dB between 500Hz and 20kHz; 4-6dB soft boost at 15kHz).
- Directional characteristics: Cardioid.
- Equivalent noise level A-weighted: Typ. 26dB (A) re 20microPa.
- Sensitivity: Nominally 6mV/Pa.
- Equiv. noise level ITU-R BS.468-4: Typ. 38dB (max. 40dB).
- Capsule diameter: 5.5mm (0.25in).
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): 123dB SPL peak (<1%THD), 120dB SPL sine (<1%THD).
- Preamplifier cable drive capability: Up to 984ft (300m).
- Maximum sound pressure level: 144dB SPL before clipping.
- Weight: 0.49oz (14g) incl. cable and MicroDot connector.
- Operating temperature range: +14 to 113 degrees F (-10 to 45 degrees C).
- Cable length: 1.8m.
- Cable color: Beige.
- Color: Beige.