Right Side Mounted Condenser Microphone
When you need the very best headworn microphone, look no further than DPA!
The Type 4065-FR is the beige version of the headband mounted condenser microphone Type 4065 that fits on the RIGHT side of the users head. This type uses a pre-polarized omnidirectional cartridge element with a 5.4mm vertical diaphragm, which is acoustically identical with the cartridge used in Type 4061.
The 4065 is specially designed for maximum performance under the often difficult conditions when mounted directly on the human body. The band is easily bent to fit any head shape, in a tight fixed position. Special attention has been paid in the design to the humidity problems that often occur in theatrical applications and to the light weight construction of the headband itself. A double vent protection system, a drop stopper on the tube together with water resistant materials inside the microphone, make it more than difficult for the humidity to cause the Headband Microphone to fail. The sensitivity is 6mV/Pa to match the level of the human voice to the general input sensitivity of most wireless transmitters. The noise floor of the Type 4065 is 26dB(A) re. 20 mPa and if powered correctly the microphone will be able to handle sound pressure levels up to 144dB SPL before clipping occurs.
A wide range of connection adapters makes it possible to use the headband with close to any professional wireless system available plus 48 V phantom.DPA 4065 Headset Mic Features
- Directional characteristics: Omnidirectional
- Frequency range: 20Hz-20kHz +/-2dB, 3dB soft boost at 8-20kHz
- Sensitivity: Nominally 6 mV/Pa +/- 3dB at 1kHz
- Equivalent noise level A-weighted: Typ. 26dB(A) re. 20 mPa (max. 28dB(A))
- Equivalent noise level CCIR 468-1: Typ. 38dB (max. 40dB)
- Maximum sound pressure level: 144dB SPL before clipping
- Total harmonic distortion: 123dB SPL peak (<1% THD)
- Cable drive capability: Up to 300m (984ft)
- Cartridge lower limiting frequency (-3db): 20Hz
- Output impedance: 30-40 Ohm
- Weight: 14g (0.49oz) incl. cable and MicroDot connector
- Microphone length: 12.7mm (0.5in)
- Microphone diameter: 5.4mm (0.21in)