Superb Taylor Tone!
Taylor's 314ce embodies a superb blend of classic tonewoods and modern electronics. With it, you get a gorgeous solid Sitka spruce top with sapele as its back and sides - ensuring excellent tone when unplugged. Yet, Taylor also added their renowned Taylor Expression electronics system, which makes the Taylor 314ce ripe for stage use, as well. And, whether you favor strum-style playing or fingerpicking you'll be equally delighted, as it features the treble-emphasized Grand Auditorium body style, which gives you excellent note definition, with the Taylor 314ce.Taylor 314ce Acoustic-electric Guitar at a Glance:
- Choice tonewoods - Sitka and Sapele
- Grand Auditorium body style, for exceptional treble zing
- Renowned Taylor Expression System electronics
- Taylor 314ce Finish: Satin with Gloss Top
Choice tonewoods - Sitka spruce meets Sapele
When you pick up a Taylor, you can expect outstanding tone - and one of the leading reasons behind that signature Taylor voice is the use of high-quality tonewoods. This particular Taylor, the 314ce, is a prime example of just that. It features time-proven Sitka spruce as its top - which gives you projection - while its body comprises Sapele - a somewhat red-brown tonewood, quite similar to mahogany. The Taylor 314ce also features a Tropical American mahogany neck, which is lined with a smooth-playing ebony fingerboard.
Grand Auditorium body style, for exceptional treble zing
Taylor's beloved Grand Auditorium body style, featured on the 314ce, employs the width and depth of the Dreadnought. But, its waist is narrower, which gives Grand-Auditorium-bodied acoustic guitars a sleeker look, with more treble zing. The body style also helps to sharpen the definition of each note. Ultimately, from fingerpicking to medium strumming, the Grand Auditorium is a great choice for nearly every playing style.
Renowned Taylor Expression System electronics
Designed to faithfully reproduce your guitar's native tone, the Taylor 314ce's Expression System uses patented Dynamic Sensors to capture top and string vibration like never before. The Taylor ES system was created in partnership with renowned audio pioneer Rupert Neve - and the system is seamlessly integrated into the design of the guitar from the ground up. Onboard tone controls provide added flavor, or can be set flat for an uncolored, exceptionally clean amplified sound.
Taylor 314ce Finish: Satin with Gloss Top
The finish used to create this guitar's textured satin back and sides and lustrous gloss top was developed at Taylor for maximum durability and resistance to cold-checking. This ultraviolet-cured finish is also more environmentally friendly than traditional lacquer finishes.
- Finish - Satin with Gloss Top
- Type/Shape - 6-String Grand Auditorium
- Back & Sides - Sapele
- Top - Sitka Spruce
- Soundhole Rosette - Wood Fiber
- Neck - Tropical American Mahogany
- Fretboard - Ebony
- Fretboard Inlay - Large Pearl Dots
- Headstock Overlay - Indian Rosewood
- Binding - Black Fiber
- Bridge - Ebony
- Nut & Saddle - Tusq
- Tuning Machines - Chrome-plated Taylor Tuners
- Installed Strings - Elixir Light Gauge Strings with NANOWEB Coating
- Scale Length - 25-1/2 Inches
- Truss Rod - Adjustable
- Neck Width at Nut - 1-3/4 Inches
- Number of Frets - 20
- Bracing - Scalloped, X-Brace
- Cutaway - Venetian
- Electronics - Taylor Expression System
- Body Width - 16 Inches
- Body Depth - 4 5/8 Inches
- Body Length - 20 Inches
- Overall Length - 41 Inches
- Included Case - Taylor Hardshell