Make Great Recordings from Start to Finish!
The TASCAM 2488neo 24-track hard disk workstation improves on the popular 2488mk2, adding mastering effects and a great new look to an already amazing recording solution! The 24-bit 2488neo features an 80GB hard drive, eight mic inputs, built-in effects, and the abiliy to function as a 36-channel digital mixer. This model adds a multiband compressor and mastering effects, allowing you to add the perfect "finishing touches" to your tracks before committing them to a finished CD - courtesy of the CD burner onboard the 2488neo!TASCAM 2488neo Standalone 24-track Hard Disk Digital Recorder at a Glance:
- A powerful standalone recording solution
- Hands-on operation
- Mastering effects
A powerful standalone recording solution
The 2488neo features an 80GB hard drive, enough for hours of 44.1kHz/24-bit recording. Eight microphone inputs, four with XLR and phantom power, can be assigned to any track for recording large ensembles. A reverb effect, multi effect with guitar amp simulation, and up to 9 compressors are also included.
In addition to its great features, standalone operation, and powerful recording capabilities, the 2488neo offers incredibly intuitive, hands-on operation - the best of digital and analog worlds, combined! Its bold new look makes the 2488neo fit perfectly into any home, project or pro studio. If you choose to expand your recording or editing operation or want quick and easy data backup, this TASCAM unit includes a high-speed USB 2.0 computer connection.
A new mastering effect onboard the 2488neo includes multi-band EQ, compression and limiting for professional-sounding mixes which can be burned to CD or transferred to computer through the USB 2.0 jack. Built for musicians who want to record without needing a computer, the 2488neo continues TASCAM's legacy of easy-to-use Portastudios for home recording. Call your Sales Engineer today and start recording pro-quality tracks - right out of the box!
- 24-bit, 24-track hard disk recorder
- 36-channel Digital Mixer
- Built-in reverb, effects, and compression
- New multiband compressor and mastering effects
- 3-band EQ on 24 channels, eight inputs and stereo bus with high and low sweepable shelving bands and full parametric mid band
- Three aux sends on all channels except the effects return
- Loop effect provides reverb, delay, chorus and more on an aux send and return
- Assignable guitar multi-effects processor for overdrive, distortion, chorus, delay, flange and more
- Up to eight assignable dynamics processors for compression during recording or mixdown
- Dedicated stereo compressor on the stereo output
- Eight inputs: four XLR with phantom power double as 1/4" mic/line inputs, plus four more 1/4" mic/line inputs
- Twenty 45mm faders including master fader
- LCD display for viewing meters and edit parameters
- 250 virtual tracks
- CD-RW drive to record Audio CDs, import/export WAV files and backup hard drive
- High-speed USB 2.0 jack connects to PC or Mac for data backup and SMF/WAV file
- Recording resolution: 44.1kHz, 16-bit or 24-bit
- Dimensions: 21.5" W x 14" D x 5.7" H
- Weight: 17.6 lbs.