Expand Your MOTU PCI-424 "Core" System!
Take the 2408mk3 Expansion I/O and add it to any PCI-424 compatible "Core" system and you're adding more analog and digital inputs and outputs than you can shake a stick at! The 2408 MK3 expansion I/O is the very same interface that you get with the 2408 MK3 Core system without the PCI-424 card.MOTU 2408mk3 I/O Expansion at a Glance:
- Connect up to 4 2408mk3 interfaces to 1 core card for 96-channel I/O
- One interface provides 7 banks of I/O including analog, ADAT optical, TDIF, and S/PDIF
- Connect up to 12 ADAT decks, 12 DA-88s, and 32 channels of analog simultaneously
Connect up to 4 2408mk3 interfaces for 96-channel I/O
A core 2408mk3 system provides 24 inputs and outputs, but it also offers the most expansion ever offered in a single PCI card. Up to four interfaces can be connected to the PCI-424 for up to 96 channels of simultaneous input and output at sample rates up to 96kHz.
One interface provides 7 banks of I/O
The 1U rack-mountable 2408mk3 provides seven banks of I/O: one bank of 24-bit/96kHz analog on balanced TRS connectors, three banks of 96kHz ADAT optical, three banks of 96kHz TASCAM TDIF, plus stereo S/PDIF. You can choose any three banks (up to 24 channels) to be active at one time. This means you can use each 2408mk3 hook up three ADATs, three DA-88s, and eight analog devices all at the same time and access any three banks - in any combination of formats. And you can freely switch formats at any time.
Connect ADAT decks, DA-88s and analog simultaneously
Think about the possibilities: with the 2408mk3 you could connect 12 ADATs and 12 DA-88s to your computer, along with 32 channels of analog I/O, and simultaneously record and play as many tracks of audio as your computer allows. If you have a digital mixer, the 2408mk3 provides up to 96 channels of digital I/O at 44.1 or 48kHz, and 48 channels at 88.2 or 96kHz.
- 8 analog inputs/outputs with 24-bit, 96kHz converters on balanced/unbalanced 1/4" TRS connectors
- 108dB S/N ratio (A-weighted)
- 24 channels of ADAT optical I/O
- 24 channels of TDIF (Tascam digital) I/O
- 2 channels of S/PDIF in and 4 channels out
- 16, 20 and 24-bit recording at 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96kHz
- ADAT sync input (on PCI-424 card)
- Word Clock in and out