High Quality Class-A Conversion!
The 2192 Dual AD/DA Converter is the first product to combine Universal Audio's long history of creating high-quality, vintage analog gear with its advanced digital technology. The soul of the 2192 is still the analog circuitry that you expect from Universal Audio. It delivers a no-compromises DC-coupled, matched-FET, discrete Class A analog signal path that contains no capacitors to degrade sound quality or introduce phase distortion. The sound is impeccable!
While features like sample rates up to 192K, realtime transcoding between AES/EBU, S/PDIF and 2-channel ADAT, and support for single and dual wire AES modes are sure to impress, what really sets the 2192 apart is its John Hinson-designed Class-A analog circuitry, which provides luscious detail and clarity, while retaining the warmth and character of the original source, features typically not found in digital units.
The 2192 offers tremendous flexibility in signal routing and monitoring. You can, for example, run signal into the analog inputs, at samples rate ranging from 44.1K to 192K, and simultaneously output it to AES/EBU (single- or dual-wire), S/PDIF and 2-channel ADAT (with industry standard S-MUX interleaving for sample rates above 48kHz). The selectable output monitor allows you to monitor any of the digital outputs, or the analog input with no interruption of the transcoding.
The 2192 also serves as an extremely high-quality digital to analog and analog to digital converter. If, for example, you're working on a digital console, or workstation, that utilizes higher sample rates, the 2192 can dramatically improve your monitoring environment and/or the quality of your analog masters. As a front end for a native workstation, the 2192 provides two channels of sterling sound quality for tracking, monitoring and mastering.
Now you don't have to choose between advanced digital features and old world analog quality, the 2192 delivers both.FEATURES
- Ultra-low noise 44.1kHz - 192kHz Analog to Digital and Digital to Analog converters
- Ultra-low jitter internal clock source provides 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192kHz sampling rates
- Fully-differential Class-A no-compromises analog circuitry designed by John Hinson
- 2 channels of ADAT optical I/O
- 2 Channel or AES/EBU I/O (44.1kHz - 192kHz)
- Support for single and dual wire AES/EBU at 96 and 192kHz rates
- 2 Channel S/PDIF I/O (44.1kHz - 192kHz)
- Real-time transcoding between digital formats
- Completely independent input and output monitoring
- 4 parallel Word Clock outputs for jitter-free and reflection-free clock distribution
- 2 separate Word Clock inputs support 1x,1/2x and 1/4x clock rates for compatibility with legacy equipment
- Front panel Sync-Lock indicator
- Sturdy front panel rotary switches provide Clock, Sample Rate, Output and Input Digital Source selection
- Full 24-bit digital signal path throughout
- Multi-segment LED bargraph metering on all analog inputs and outputs, with peak-hold Digital Overload indicator
- Universal auto-sensing power supply supports 90-260VAC and 50-60Hz power
- 1U rack mount chassis