Aphex Preamp Goes Digital
Lots of people have grown to love the sound of the Aphex 107 and 207 tube mic/instrument preamps. Aphex's patented circuitry prevents tube overheating to provide a signal with exceptional presence, detail, and clarity. Now the 207 Digital Preamp takes all the great Aphex features and adds 24-bit/96kHz A/D converters!
Aphex Model 207D Digital Preamp at a Glance:
- Great sounding two-channel mic preamp and DI
- Digital interface for connection to any DAW
- Unique limiter circuit increases dynamic range
- Ideal for demanding recording situations
- Improves detail and clarity of live vocals
- Two direct boxes for the price of one!
Great sounding two-channel mic preamp and DI
The Aphex Model 207 is an audiophile quality tube mic preamp without the high cost usually associated with such products. Many users find the 207 exceeds the performance of preamps costing many times more. With a 207 in your setup you'll suddenly hear the subtlety and power of vintage condensers, ribbons, electrets and popular dynamic mics. Even your most expensive microphones will sound better! The 207s instrument inputs are also quieter and have more gain than conventional instrument preamps.
Digital interface for connection to any DAW
With the 207 Digital, Aphex has made it easy to have a great sounding preamp as the front end for your digital setup. The built-in 24-bit/96kHz digital converters provide outputs in S/PDIF and AES/EBU formats for connection to an audio interface or directly to your computer.
Unique limiter circuit increases dynamic range
One thing that makes the 207 Digital so good for DAW recording is Aphex's exclusive MicLim, the only microphone limiter in the world! Drawn from the Model 1100 Model 1788 preamps, MicLim offers up to 20dB gain reduction to prevent overloads - an essential for achieving maximum dynamic range without distortion. MicLim makes the 207 virtually crash-proof!
Ideal for demanding recording situations
The Model 207D captures all the subtleties of voices and instruments that can be missed by the inexpensive mic preamps found in many mixers and DAWs. This detail, dimension and space will greatly improve the overall sound of your recordings. With this improvement in realism comes an enhanced presence allowing for easier placement in the final mix. MicLim allows you to utilize every last bit of digital resolution for the most dynamic recordings possible.
Improves detail and clarity of live vocals
The 207 can bring anything miked up out of the mix by greatly improving detail and presence. Vocals and instruments will have a noticeable improvement in clarity and depth when switched to a Model 207D. Switch Mode power supply offers stable performance even with unstable mains. And the Model 207D's MicLim eliminates those desperate lunges over the mixing console to trim back overloaded preamps!
Two direct boxes for the price of one!
For bass, acoustic guitar and keyboards the Model 207D's low-noise, wide frequency response and tube warmth allow each instrument's unique character to be captured. The MicLim circuit works on the instrument input also, protecting against overload distortion. Plus, a typical mono tube direct box (DI) sells for about the price of the Model 207D - and you get two great DIs plus two great mic preamps, more useful features and Aphex quality all in one box!
Aphex Model 207D Preamp Features:
- Two independent, low noise channels of tube amplification
- 24-bit/96kHz digital converter
- Dramatically improves microphone performance
- Dramatically improves instrument performance
- Tighter lows; clearer, up front mids; strong highs
- without edginess
- Super quiet, -129dBu equivalent input noise
- Greater dynamic range and frequency response
- Fuller, more realistic sound
- MicLim offers up to a 20dB increase in dynamic range and is virtually crash-proof
- Record hotter tracks with the highest possible resolution
- Microphone & instrument inputs on each channel
- MicLim on each channel
- 20 to 65dB of continuously variable gain - Mic Input
- -Infinity to 65dB of continuously variable gain - Instrument Input
- Switchable 48volt phantom power with ramp up feature
- Delayed turn on
- Polarity, 20dB pad and low-cut filter switches
- LED headroom meter display for each channel
- Switchable -10dBV/+4dBu operating level
- Balanced XLR and 1/4" I/O
- Internal switch mode power supply