Classic British Sound
NOTE: This product requires iLok authorization. For more information, call your Sweetwater Sales Engineer at 1-800-222-4700.
The URS 1980 Series compressor digitally re-creates the popular 1980's British Console Buss Compressor all the way down to the the IC input and voltage controlled gain reduction amplifier (VCA) characteristics. Using hi-resolution 48-bit "double precision" processing, the 1980 Series is able to minimize internal clipping in the digital domain for the purest sound, optimum clarity, and lots of headroom.The Compressor and Limiter sections are totally independent of each other. Both feature separate variable Attack, Release and Threshold controls. For injecting some British sound into your mixes, be it on individual tracks or the overall mix, it's the URS 1980.URS 1980 Compressor Bundle at a Glance:
- Independent Compressor and Limiter sections
- Built-in Internal Side Chain Filtering
- Listen Key
- Signal Flow
- Classic Sound with Modern Features
- Two Different Plug-ins
Independent Compressor and Limiter sections
The Compressor and Limiter sections are totally independent of each other. Both feature separate variable Attack, Release and Threshold controls.
Built-in Internal Side Chain Filtering
The Internal Side Chain High and Low Pass Filters fine tune how narrow or "Broad Band" the URS 1980 Classic Console Compressor will affect the program material. Both Filters completely overlap to dial in problem frequencies.
The Listen Key is after the Filters section. The Listen Key allows you to monitor the signal being sent to the Gain Reduction detection circuit.
The URS 1980 Classic Compressor signal flow inserts the Gain Makeup control before the final Limiter. This is the secret to how hard you can hit the final "Brick Wall" Limiter. The URS Classic Compressor utilizes Feed-back gain sensing. Feed-back gain sensing gives Compression and Limiting a servo type of control.
Classic Sound with Modern Features
The URS 1980 Classic Console Compressor adds other powerful modern features such as totally variable Compression Ratios, Attack and Release times.
Two Different Plug-ins
Two different URS 1980 Classic Compressor plug-ins are included: A Compressor/Limiter/Side Chain version and the Compressor only version. The 1980 Compressor/Limiter/Side chain version has a modern "Brick Wall Limiter that was not found on the vintage unit. The 1980 Compressor/Limiter/Side chain version is also well suited for drum Sub groups, Aux sends, and highly recommended especially on the Mix Bus.
The 1980 Compressor only version is also 3x more DSP efficient. The 1980 Compressor Only version will act as a Limiter when the ratio is set at 10:1 and above.URS 1980 Compressor Bundle Features:
- Input Level
- Gain Make up Output Control
- Separate Limiter and Compressor Threshold controls
- Variable Limiter Attack Time .1ms - 50ms.
- Variable Limiter Release Time 10ms - 1500ms
- "Brick Wall" Limiter Ratio fixed at 1000:1
- Variable Compressor Attack Time 1ms - 50ms.
- Variable Compressor Release Time 100ms - 1500ms.
- Selectable Compressor Ratio 1:1, 2:1, 3:1, 4:1. 6:1, 8:1, 10:1, 20:1. Infinity
- Variable Hi-pass Filter Side chain @ 12dB per Octave 20hz to 5K
- Variable Lo-pass Filter Side chain @ 12dB per Octave 20Khz to 1k
- External Side Capability for ProTools TDM systems and other Host Applications where supported
- Gain Reduction Meter
- In / Out Bypass switch - selectable Limiter, Compressor or both
- Line input Trim offers -10 to +20 gain variable to .1db
- Plasma Style Input and Output VU Meters