Warm and Agressive!
NOTE: This product requires iLok authorization. For more information, call your Sweetwater Sales Engineer at 1-800-222-4700.
The URS 1975 Series compressor digitally re-creates the popular feed forward 1975 VCA Compressor all the way down to the transformer input and voltage controlled gain reduction amplifier (VCA) characteristics. Using hi-resolution 48-bit "double precision" processing, the 1970 Series is able to minimize internal clipping in the digital domain for the purest sound, optimum clarity, and lots of headroom.The Compressor and Limiter sections are totally independent of each other. Both feature separate variable Attack, Release and Threshold controls. If you're longing for warm, aggressive mixes, run your signal through the 1975 Compressor!URS 1975 Compressor Bundle at a Glance:
- Adjustable Knee Control
- Independent Compressor and Limiter sections
- Built-in Internal Side Chain Filtering
- Listen Key
- Signal Flow
- Classic Sound with Modern Features
- Two Different Plug-ins
Adjustable Knee Control
The Compressor's Knee is fully adjustable from hard to soft. The Compressor/Limiter/Side Chain version has adjustable knee as well. This allows for soft compression and soft knee limiting, soft compression and hard knee limiting, hard compression and hard knee limiting, and hard compression and soft knee limiting.
Independent Compressor and Limiter sections
The Compressor and Limiter sections are totally independent of each other. Both feature separate variable Attack, Release and Threshold controls.
Built-in Internal Side Chain Filtering
The Internal Side Chain High and Low Pass Filters fine tune how narrow or "Broad Band" the URS 1975 Classic Console Compressor will affect the program material. Both Filters completely overlap to dial in problem frequencies.
The Listen Key is after the Filters section. The Listen Key allows you to monitor the signal being sent to the Gain Reduction detection circuit.
The URS 1975 Classic Compressor signal flow inserts the Gain Makeup control before the final Limiter. This is the secret to how hard you can hit the final "Brick Wall" Limiter. The URS Classic Compressor utilizes Feed-back gain sensing. Feed-back gain sensing gives Compression and Limiting a servo type of control.
Classic Sound with Modern Features
The URS 1975 Classic Console Compressor adds other powerful modern features such as totally variable Compression Ratios, Attack and Release times.
Two Different Plug-ins
Two different URS 1975 Classic Compressor plug-ins are included: A Compressor/Limiter/Side Chain version and the Compressor only version. The 1975 Compressor/Limiter/Side chain version has a modern "Brick Wall Limiter that was not found on the vintage unit. The 1975 Compressor/Limiter/Side chain version is also well suited for drum Sub groups, Aux sends, and highly recommended especially on the Mix Bus.
The 1975 Compressor only version is also 3x more DSP efficient. The 1975 Compressor Only version will act as a Limiter when the ratio is set at 10:1 and above.URS 1975 Compressor Bundle Features:
- Input Level
- Gain Make up Output Control
- Separate Limiter and Compressor Threshold controls
- Variable Limiter Knee
- Variable Limiter Attack Time 1ms - 50ms.
- Variable Limiter Release Time 50ms - 1500ms
- "Brick Wall" Limiter Ratio fixed at 1000:1
- Variable Compressor Knee
- Variable Compressor Attack Time 1ms - 50ms.
- Variable Compressor Release Time 100ms - 1500ms.
- Selectable Compressor Ratio 1:1, 2:1, 3:1, 4:1. 6:1, 8:1, 10:1, 20:1. Infinity
- Variable Hi-pass Filter Side chain @ 12dB per Octave 20hz to 5K
- Variable Lo-pass Filter Side chain @ 12dB per Octave 20Khz to 1k
- External Side Capability for ProTools TDM systems and other Host Applications where supported
- Gain Reduction Meter
- In / Out Bypass switch - selectable Limiter, Compressor or both
- Line input Trim offers -10 to +20 gain variable to .1db
- Plasma Style Input and Output VU Meters