Inject some British sound into your mix!
NOTE: This product requires iLok authorization. For more information, call your Sweetwater Sales Engineer at 1-800-222-4700.
The URS 1970 Series compressor digitally re-creates the popular 1970s British Console Buss Compression Limiter all the way down to the transformer input and diode bridge gain reduction amplifier characteristics. Using hi-resolution 48-bit "double precision" processing, the 1970 Series is able to minimize internal clipping in the digital domain for the purest sound, optimum clarity, and lots of headroom.The Compressor and Limiter sections are totally independent of each other. Both feature separate variable Attack, Release and Threshold controls. For injecting some British sound into your mixes, be it on individual tracks or the overall mix, it's the URS 1970.URS 1970 Compressor Bundle at a Glance:
- High-res 48-bit "Double Precision" processing
- Independent Compressor and Limiter sections
- Built-in Internal Side Chain Filtering
- Listen Key
- Signal Flow
- Classic Sound with Modern Features
- Two Different Plug-ins
High-res 48-bit "Double Precision" processing
The URS Classic Console Compressors TDM versions feature Hi Resolution 48-bit TDM and 64-bit RTAS
"Double Precision" processing for increased clarity, headroom and unparalleled gain reduction. Hi Resolution "Double Precision" processing helps to avoid internal clipping in the Digital Domain.
Independent Compressor and Limiter sections
The Compressor and Limiter sections are totally independent of each other. Both feature separate variable Attack, Release and Threshold controls.
Built-in Internal Side Chain Filtering
The Internal Side Chain High and Low Pass Filters fine tune how narrow or "Broad Band" the URS Classic Console Compressor will affect the program material. Both Filters completely overlap to dial in problem frequencies.
The Listen Key is after the Filters section. The Listen Key allows you to monitor the signal being sent to the Gain Reduction detection circuit.
The URS Classic Console Compressors signal flow inserts the Gain Makeup control before the final Limiter. This is the secret to how hard you can hit the final "Brick Wall" Limiter. The URS Classic Console Compressors utilize Feed-back gain sensing. Feed-back gain sensing gives Compression and Limiting a servo type of control.
Classic Sound with Modern Features
The URS Classic Console Compressor adds other powerful modern features such as totally variable Compression Ratios, Attack and Release times.
Two Different Plug-ins
Two different URS 1970 Classic Console Compressor plug-ins are included in this bundle. The 1970 version includes both the Compressor/Limiter/Side Chain version and the Compressor only version. The 1970 Compressor/Limiter/Side chain version has a "Brick Wall Limiter to smooth out the most difficult musical tracks. This version is well suited for Drum Sub Groups, Aux sends, and especially on the Mix Bus.
The 1970 Compressor only version is 3x more DSP efficient. The Compressor only version is very well suited on general instruments, such as vocals, guitars, bass and individual drums. The 1970 Compressor Only version will act as a Limiter when the ratio is set at 10:1 and above.URS 1970 Compressor Bundle Features:
- Transformer input stage emulation
- Input Level
- Gain Make up Output Control
- Separate Limiter and Compressor Threshold controls
- Variable Limiter Attack Time .1ms - 50ms.
- Variable Limiter Release Time 10ms - 1500ms
- "Brick Wall" Limiter Ratio fixed at 1000:1
- Variable Compressor Attack Time 1ms - 50ms.
- Variable Compressor Release Time 100ms - 1500ms.
- Selectable Compressor Ratio 1:1, 2:1, 3:1, 4:1. 6:1, 8:1, 10:1, 20:1. Infinity
- Variable Hi-pass Filter Side chain @ 12dB per Octave 20hz to 5K
- Variable Lo-pass Filter Side chain @ 12dB per Octave 20Khz to 1k
- External Side Capability for Pro Tools TDM systems and other Host Applications where supported
- Gain Reduction Meter - selectable Limiter, Compressor or both
- In / Out Bypass switch
- Line input Trim offers -10 to +20 gain variable to .1db
- Plasma Style Input and Output VU Meters