My wife loves the sound and how it plays
Now that I have fixed a few things. This was bought as new. Not a demo or a return.
Complaints; (remember, this is just the one I received, might not be true of all)
1. The strings looked old and used, all of the trebles had the broken look like when they have been played a lot. Two of the trebles had cut spots in them in places a finger or pick should never have touched. The bass strings although clean looking were dead sounding. The strings looked like they were put on OK but how hard is it to wind the strings so the winds are next to each other instead of spread across the barrel. Replacing the strings made it sound like it should.
2. The nut has a very sharp edge to the back of it, normally no one would notice and less the ran a finger across it after removing the strings. I had to roll that slightly, it just shouldn't have been left like that.
3. The fingerboard has many tiny tiny dents in it, about 1mm wide and 2mm long. There is file marks at the edges, were whomever was filing the frets got sloppy. all of the fret ends look good, however no one bothered to take the sharp off the very end of the fret to flush it with the fingerboard. I had to fix that as well. My wife cut her fingers on them.
Compliments; (remember, this is just the one I received, might not be true of all)
1. The outside finish of the guitar is very very good. I couldn't be happier with it. Nice and thin, can still see some grain in the body, so that tells me it is very thin, my preference. The rest of the finish is as thick as it needs to be in my opinion.
2. The inside of the guitar is very well done, no extraneous glue, everything looks like it is glued in well, nothing moved when I pressed around on the back and top.
3. The woods used are very nice, they look good inside and out.
4. No issues with the electronics.
As with all things like this, this is subjective. The sound is very deep on the one I own. I am using a new set of the factory recommended strings. The trebles to the bass are more bass than in anything else I or my wife has played. This is the first all Indian Rosewood guitar we have bought. Don't get me wrong, the trebles are still trebles, just a bit deeper, richer, hard to describe, but again this might just be the one we have. It is supposed be darker sounding anyway. Un-amped it is a bit quiet, but then that works for us. Amped, well, it works and sounds great.
One other thing about the fingerboard, it looked like it had water stains on it, just thought at first it was just grime from people putting the guitar together without gloves. Never seen an ebony fingerboard that looked splotchy. I had to use naphtha and a toothbrush to get the stuff off. At least the fingerboard doesn't look splotchy now.
I'll have to work on the file marks the next time I have to replace the strings, wife couldn't wait, had to put the strings back on fast!
I probably still would have bought the guitar seeing it in person, as I can fix the small issues. It sounds great, plays great. The guitar was playable when we received it, Sweetwater does a great job there.
I would buy another one if I could, the wife and I fight over it a bit.