This PCIe Interface Is an Amazing Value!
The super-affordable E-MU 0404 PCIe digital audio interface gives you everything you need to produce high-quality audio recordings on your Windows computer. With the 0404 PCIe, you get crystal-clear 24-bit/96kHz AD/DA converters, hardware-accelerated effects and mixing, and seamless compatibility with your favorite Windows DAW. By taking advantage of your computer's ultra-high-speed internal PCIe bus, the 0404 PCIe gives you the kind of super-low latency you need to track guitars and other responsive instruments. Plus, you get the added bonus of built-in 32-bit DSP processing. And because the E-MU 0404 PCIe uses breakout cables, there's no bulky external unit to clutter up your desktop.
The all-internal and completely streamlined 0404 PCIe offers all of the major conveniences of E-MU's hardware acceleration. A complete battery of onboard effects and processors takes full advantage of the 0404 PCIe's 32-bit co-processing, giving you all of the power you need to mix, monitor, and record with effects, all without taxing your computer's CPU. Built into the E-MU E-DSP chip set are over 20 effects and over 500 presets, giving you the power to run up to 32 channels of zero-latency hardware mixing and monitoring, as well as up to 16 simultaneous effects!
Hooking up your synthesizer, guitar, or digital audio source to the 0404 PCIe is easy, thanks to its flexible I/O options. Its breakout cables give you two 1/4" unbalanced inputs to handle any line-level source, as well as MIDI I/O for connecting your keyboard or MIDI controller. You also get coaxial and optical S/PDIF I/O for up to 24-bit/96kHz digital audio I/O, and the S/PDIF ports can be switched to AES/EBU for additional connectivity to professional gear!
The 0404 PCIe gives you added audio-tracking power by handling all mixing and monitoring chores onboard. Its E-DSP chip set gives your system zero-latency hardware-based mixing and monitoring via the included PatchMix DSP mixer. The 0404 PCIe also integrates seamlessly into your PC's audio environment, delivering unmatched flexibility in routing audio between all of your physical and virtual (ASIO 2.0, DirectSound) inputs and outputs, with no need for an external mixer!
Compare this extensive feature set to the remarkably modest price, and you'll agree that the 0404 PCIe packs a lot of processing power for the money. Even if you don't have the newest, biggest, and fastest computer, the E-MU 0404 PCIe gives you the power to get professional-sounding results! It's compatible with almost any Windows DAW or sequencing software, and thanks to a whole suite of bundled software, the 0404 PCIe offers you a complete and affordable entry into digital recording.E-MU 0404 PCIe Digital Audio System Features at a Glance:
- 24-bit/96kHz converters deliver professional-grade signal to noise ratio and dynamic range
- Flexible connectivity with 1/4" analog I/O, optical and coaxial S/PDIF I/O, and MIDI I/O
- E-DSP 32-bit hardware-accelerated effects, mixing, and monitoring
- 32 Channels of zero-latency hardware mixing/monitoring with a super-flexible virtual patch bay
- Powerful software package
- Two 1/4" analog inputs
- Optical and coaxial S/PDIF I/O up to 96kHz, switchable to AES/EBU for up to 192kHz
- MIDI I/O
- Includes Cakewalk SONAR LE 6.3, Steinberg Cubase 4 LE, and Ableton Live Lite 6 E-MU Edition DAWs
- Includes IK Multimedia AmpliTube X-Gear
- Includes Celemony Melodyne essential
- Includes Waldorf Attack, Waldorf D-Pole, and Waldorf PPG Wave
- Includes BIAS SFX Machine LT
- Includes Creative EAX Advanced HD Alchemy (Vista only)
- Includes E-MU Proteus VX (Supported in XP only)