The flood relief efforts in Nashville and all over Tennessee continue. If you took the opportunity to contribute to one of the organizations we mentioned or another you found, thank you. We’ve heard from many deeply thankful musicians, as well as volunteers and workers on the front lines there. All have been helped by your generosity.
We’re writing you today because the need in the region is still very strong. If you haven’t yet made a donation and are in a position to give, please consider contributing to one of the organizations on this list.
Here are seven easy ways to make a donation:
- Text REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation on your mobile phone.
- Hands On Nashville focuses its efforts on providing volunteers to flood relief efforts.
- Donate to the flood relief efforts of the Nashville Area Salvation Army.
- The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee has established the “Metro Nashville Disaster Response Fund,” with all donated funds going to aid flood victims.
- MusiCares (the Grammy organization’s non profit arm) has established a Nashville Flood Relief Fund.
- AFM Local 257, the Nashville Musicians Association, has established a fund to provide assistance for musicians and studios with flood-damaged gear.
- Low Notes for Nashville is a group of dedicated bassists whose mission is to help their brother and sister musicians affected by the Nashville flooding.
To our friends in or near Nashville, our hearts are with you and your community. Please know that if any of your equipment was damaged during the flooding, there may be ways we can help you from here. If you’re working with an insurance company, they may require an itemized list of the equipment you’ve purchased from us, complete with serial numbers and a current price report. We are more than happy to help you get all the documentation you need. You may also be required to collect competitive bids before the insurance company will issue a check for replacements. Whatever you need, please feel free to get in touch with your Sweetwater Sales Engineer.
Once again, many thanks to all who have already reached out to those in need. As a company of musicians, we feel truly honored to be a part of such a giving family of customers, making our close-knit community of musicians feel even closer.