0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Longer timeout period

Dave Burris

Is there any way to extend the timeout period for marking all posts read (or auto-logoff, whatever they call it), such that I don't lose track of unread posts when typing a long response. I don't always have time or patience to post long replys attempting to explain technical details but when I do, I find it a bit frustrating that I now have lost track of unread posts in the rest of the forum groups.
I suppose one solution is to do all my reading first making note of what topic(s) I want to respond to.
December 18, 2005 @10:23pm
DAS

When I'm working this way I generally pull up the list of unread, and then open each thread in a tab behind that main window. My list stays in tact until I am finished with it. I assume we could increase the time-out, but probably not enough to solve your problem if you spend very much time working that list.
December 19, 2005 @01:14pm
Dave Burris

Thanks for the prompt response! I can work around it. It's just a bit annoying and I have to remember that it happens. I'm not accustomed to forums doing this.
December 19, 2005 @05:30pm