0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month 2

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

What to do with an old Kurzweil K1200?

macmusicguy

I have a Kurzweil K1200 with hardshell case (purchsed from Sweetwater manyu moons ago). Although it has a KILLER electric piano sound, I sadly have to get rid of it.
I got a hexadecimal error the other day when i turned it on (when at a gig) - fortunately, another reboot and it came right up. Since I'm a pro, I can't afford a non-functional keyboard!!!
So what do I do with this thing? I'd love to sell it, but the weight with the case would be well over 60 pounds - probably not practical to sell it over ebay. ....or is it?
Looking for suggestions!
December 17, 2005 @07:59pm
futurefaithmusic

If someone wants it bad enough, they'll pay the shipping. Or sell it locally or trade it in for another piece of hardware.
Or donate it to someone who has a love for freebie gear :) hint hint
December 18, 2005 @03:54am
groove1962

I'll take it! I don't mind that there is overwieght shipping. Please send me a PM if you are seriously interested and we can discuss further!
December 18, 2005 @05:55pm
DAS

You probably could sell it on eBay or through another source. There are still quite a few people who know these keyboards and like them. Obviously you won't get a ton of money for it, and the packaging and shipping will eat up a lot of what you can get.
That said, you ought to consider donating it to a church or school or something. There are places that would really appreciate it (and need it), and you'd get a good tax write-off (possibly worth more to you than the selling price).
December 19, 2005 @01:19pm
Justin

Put it up on Craig's List (www.craigslist.org) if there is one local to your area. It's an online classified ad site. Maybe there is someone willing to buy it locally or drive to pick it up.
Oh, and of course list it on our trading post. (http://tradingpost.sweetwater.com/)
December 19, 2005 @03:56pm
Billysynth

Bin it
Billy
December 23, 2005 @12:40pm
curtisdog

if you still have I would be interested in buying it for a controller Thanks
February 9, 2006 @09:52pm
groove1962

I said back in December that I will buy it, I never heard anything from him...
February 13, 2006 @10:03am
David etheridge

I got a hexadecimal error the other day when i turned it on (when at a gig) - fortunately, another reboot and it came right up. Since I'm a pro, I can't afford a non-functional keyboard!!!
So what do I do with this thing? I'd love to sell it, but the weight with the case would be well over 60 pounds - probably not practical to sell it over ebay. ....or is it?
Looking for suggestions!

Have a look at www.alzerom.com. David Brown is your man for all the fixits for the 1000/1200 range, and also check out the yahoo users group for the 1200/1000 range. There are currently over 320 users out there worldwide (including me and i'm in England) still keeping them running.
By the way, I own 12 1000 modules and wouldn't part with them for anything.
Emu Proteus? Pah!
Best wishes,
David.
April 26, 2006 @07:05am
David etheridge

Hi folks,
go to:
http://k1000.net
for all you need to know about the k1000, 1200, PX, AX, SX, GX, HX Pro I, II and III modules.
Sound Libraries, upgrades, and fixits.
Best wishes,
David.
August 4, 2008 @12:30pm