0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
July 4 Financing

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Trouble with Sampletank

timjenkins

I just bought sampletank 2.0 and am using it with Sonar 4 Producer Edition. When I try to play a midi file through it, it doesn't play all of the notes. The polyphony is all of the way up (256), but i can't figure out why it won't play the whole piece. Also, it holds every note so they all mash together. Can anyone tell me what my problem is?
September 27, 2005 @04:21pm
Audioholic

hey there,
not sure what exactly is the problem, I have not worked on Sonar, but have some possible trouble shooting ideas... First of all, what kind of midi interface are you using? what operating system and version are you on? It is possible that you may need to update the driver for your midi interface to match what operating system you are on. Make sure all your drivers etc are up to date. I had an issue when I jumped up to 10.3 on a mac, using a motu midi interface, and I had lots of midi problems, stuck notes, just funky stuff all the time. not untill i downloaded the updated driver for my midi interface, did that stuff go away... Not this may not be your problem, just something to check off the list of things to check. Do you have other midi equipment, and how are they working??
September 28, 2005 @02:54pm
timjenkins

i don't have a midi interface, i just use the piano roll editor or load midi files. I use Windows XP Home with the service pack. I have the same problem with some of the other DXi synths, so i'll check out my audio drivers.
September 28, 2005 @04:08pm