0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Spring Clearance

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Problem w/ ProTools Wave Driver & Apogee

dpd

So, gleefully, I unboxed my new ProTools system late this morning:
- HD1 (Windows)
- Apogee AD16X x/ X-HD card
- Apogee Rosetta 200 w/ X-HD card
- Apogee Big Ben
Bunch of time spent installing and figuring things out but I finally got things working in the studio at the station. Started testing things and came to the realization that I can't play back .wav files (via Windows Media Player) or listen to assemblies in CD Architect. (My old ProTools 6.4 using Digi 888|24 interfaces did...)
Does anyone know if the Apogee stuff supports the Digi WaveDriver? They claim that their converters appear to ProTools as 192 I/O's.
I gotta have this capability.
September 18, 2005 @12:30am
Shroom

Go here:
http://www.digidesign.com/download/wave/
Get the MME Helper
Read the ReadMe
Should fix it;)
September 18, 2005 @08:40pm
dpd

I figured it out. I had to place the Rosetta 200 1st in the Digilink chain, since the WaveDriver wants to use the 1-2 outputs on the hardware. Since the 1-2 outputs on the AD-16X were AES/EBU outputs, I got nothing.
I had to re-map all the Inputs, Outputs, and Inserts to the new setup and then re-map session fader I/Os to make it work.
Log this one down to another cockpit error. (I didn't notice in the Apogee X-HD card manual that you could have either interface 1st in the chain.)
September 18, 2005 @11:40pm