0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month 5

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

importing audio .wav files to pro-tools

tritonx

For the last couple of days I've been trying to import wav files to pro-tools. I traked couple of songs at my friend's studio using a Tascam SX-1LE wich worked ok,the only reason I did this was because my frind's studio has awsome acoustics for drums.The good news is, all the drum waves appear in my audio window in pro-tools then I drag the kick to my new audio take track 1, the whole region appears thats cool it works but once I import the rest of the drums to new audio tracks I play back my project and everything is out sync. The whole beat is way off, it sounds horrible. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong or what can I do to import my drum waves press play and relax for a day.And have my drums on beat!!!
August 18, 2005 @09:06pm
Joseph Hanna

If the files are "time stamped" from the Tascam, and whatever software it uses, those files then can be spotted to their relative position in the timeline from Pro Tools. Read up on spotting audio in whatever Pro Tools manual you might have
If they are not time stamped then your only recourse is to lay a sync point (sound) on all of the tracks FROM the Tascam and use that for reference or consolidate all tracks FROM the Tascam before importing to PT
August 20, 2005 @04:35am
DAS

The Tascam uses broadcast wave files, which should be time stamped.
In addition to the two methods outlined by Joseph I believe you should also just be able to line up the start times of all the tracks. In other words, just align the beginnings of all the regions. This would work if all the tracks were record enabled on the Tascam and then recorded. They should all start at the same time.
August 22, 2005 @01:45pm