0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Elemental Audio Does it Again (Inspector XL)

dpd

IMO, these guys just go from strength to strength. AND they listen to their customers.
For those of you looking for a thorough set of analyis tools on your DAW, check out Elemental Audio's InspectorXL
For those of us already using their free Inspector plugin, this thing is a HUGE increase in functionality.
August 17, 2005 @11:38pm
Joseph Hanna

Yea what a fantastic looking piece of software. But......it's Pro Tools RTAS only rendering the metering portion completely useless for TDM rigs.
I was really thinking this might be the software metering solution so badly needed in Pro Tools TDM.
Arghhh
August 19, 2005 @03:44am
dpd

Joseph - hang on. ProTools 7 will support RTAS plugins on the Master Fader on HD systems. Wait for the announcement later this week.
October 4, 2005 @03:37am
Joseph Hanna

Metering is such a key component in the mixing process. I'm fortunate to be paid to use my ears but in some cases the meter sheds light on a problems otherwise easily missed. Some what like a pilot learning to trust his instincts as well as his instruments. (sorry...new pilot).
It's curious no one has gone down this path earlier.
If Pro Tools 7 supports RTAS on Master Tracks this will be my first purchase.
Thanks!
October 4, 2005 @04:02am
Dave Burris

I've purchase this to use with Cubase and use it a lot. I would highly recommend it.
October 4, 2005 @12:19pm
atma

i have to agree--i love this pack. the meters are especially great.
October 4, 2005 @02:43pm
dpd

I bought it for $29 the day I got the email from Elemental Audio. Unfortunately, my RTAS system is with my son at college. I have Waves' PAZ at the radio station studio - but the meters don't come close to these - even the old Inspector (freebie).
I'll be going PT 7 as soon as I can get my mitts on it. Gonna convert to K-System
October 5, 2005 @05:01am