0% Interest for 48 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Live Sound Month!

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

spds compactflash cards

wick

i have a problem i own spds sampling pad .and its great..but i want to explan memory..but i know they are many compact flash cards avalible..but are they compatible..somebody told me before that some of the compactflash are not compatible with the spds...if this true?..i need help on these matter..thank you
May 11, 2005 @04:18am
TimOBrien

Roland has a list of compatible compactflash cards on their site and it's also in the manual of the unit.
It's always best to check with the manufacturer of a product if you have questions about compatibilty.... they know what does and doesn't work.
May 11, 2005 @08:04pm
Jeff Rodgers

Most compact flash cards will work with the SPDS. All of the ones we sell here at Sweetwater will work. Also, It's always a good idea to check the manual or even a company's website too for approved accessories.
-Jeff (Moderator)
May 11, 2005 @08:16pm
wick

i check with the manufacturer of a product and found that the sandisk 64mb compact flash is compatible but does not list the 128mb and 512mb my question is that 128 and 512 are still compatible with spds....
May 13, 2005 @06:27am
kcsherrell

On the SPD-S, you ca use any regular compact flash card 1GB or smaller, meaning you can not use a Microdrive or any compact flash card with an actual moving hard drive in it. They are close to the same size but the MicorDrive's are thicker. MD's usually come in sizes 2GB and Greater, so dont worry about figuring out which are and which are not, just buy a regular CF Card 1 GB or smaller and you will be fine, no matter the brand. Regular CF Crads that are not MD's are called flash memory (meaning there is no moving parts).
I have the SPD-S and this is what I have done.
Good Luck!
KCSHERRELL
June 1, 2006 @06:47pm
thomassan

I have the SPD-S also, and i bought av TwinMOS CF card, 1GB.
TwinMOS site
The message produced by the SPD-S:
unsupported!
March 11, 2008 @12:01pm