0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Fantom X8 freezing up

improvise88

Has anyone heard of a problem with the Fantom X freezing up during sampling? I've now had it happen at least 5 times in the last couple weeks while importing a sample, editing a sample, etc. It doesn't appear to be connected to any particular function, but it is always when using the sampler. I am frustrated beyond comprehension right now.
January 30, 2005 @12:49am
quietDIN

You might see if your problem has been covered here:
http://fantomized.info/docs/faq/
or here:
http://fantomized.info/docs/tutorials/
If not, you could join the forum and ask here:
http://forum.fantomized.info/
I hope that helps.
--Barry
January 30, 2005 @07:06pm
Dbomb

Good luck getting support from Roland. I had the previous incarnation of the Fantom, the S which I'm glad to say I got rid of. I had so many problems with Roland and technical support. I hope you resolve your problem, if not get your money back and consider another manufacturer's product. I have great success with both Yamaha and Korg on multiple occasions.
January 31, 2005 @05:29am
btdvox

never had any problems with my roland X - and i hvae heard the support is easy as pie.
February 6, 2005 @09:05am
shadowcompany

I owned a Fantom S that locked up on me all the time. I was never able to get Roland to admit or do a darn thing about my problem. They kept telling me my situation was an isolated incident but the more people and forums I visited, I found quite a few people that had the same problems with the S. I thought the Fantom X had addressed the problem but I'm hearing similiar issues on other forums and my own recent experiences when my band did our demo.
The studio I recorded my Demo at had a Fantom X that locked up. The studio worker said both him and the owner tried to contact Roland. He told me the customer service people were polite on the phone but didn't have a clue about the problem. Roland tech support has never got back to either of them after numerous attempts. One of the biggest gipes against Roland is their tech support. Many people don't buy Roland products just for this reason. Hopefully you'll have better luck.
February 10, 2005 @03:04pm
musikdave65

Has anyone heard of a problem with the Fantom X freezing up during sampling? I've now had it happen at least 5 times in the last couple weeks while importing a sample, editing a sample, etc. It doesn't appear to be connected to any particular function, but it is always when using the sampler. I am frustrated beyond comprehension right now.

Hi, I know this is a long time ago but did you sort this problem out, as I've just got into sampling and have problems with freezing when loading all samples at start up and while editing.
cheers
Dave
September 8, 2011 @09:00am