0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Presidents' Day Sale!

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

guitar records

Satrijano

any suggestions of fine guitar records? style dosn't matter, just music does
December 8, 2001 @12:22pm
nunonut

Well, my personal favorites (in no particular order) are:
- Rage against the machine: Evil Empire
- Nuno: Schizophonic (A&M Records)
- Failure: Fantastic Planet (Slash Records)
- ANYTHING Dream Theater (Eastwest Records)
- Jason Harrod and Brian Funck: Dreams of the Colorblind (Heated Brick Records)
- Marty Friedman: Dragon's Kiss
Also, I know you're asking about records, but check out the video "Shawn Lane: Power Solos" It's available on Amazon and CDNOW. This guy's unbelievable.
January 6, 2002 @04:22am
Jim Wintringham

Try your local library, if the have music.... try listening to different styles..... find what you like.
Computer midi files are good if you have a program to display the notes (a sequencer software program) . you could the learn how to play the songs you like.
Look for online lessons.... there are a lot of them, they have samples of playing to learn from.
January 6, 2002 @07:06pm
Straydog

Go to ebay and find a CD by Stray Dog. This is a 3 piece, guitar, bass and drums, from the '70's that will kick your ***!!! If you want great guitar licks then this is a great place to start!! I have yet to find their music on Morpheus or Napster or any of those tyes of places but they are on ebay!! Great, little known, band!!!:)
January 24, 2002 @02:02am
gogo

A few great solos (on various albums):
"Crossroads" Cream (Eric Clapton)
"I Ain't Superstitious" Jeff Beck
"Purple Haze", "Voodoo Chile" - Jimi Hendrix
"Little Wing" - as done by Stevie Ray Vaughn
I always loved George Harrison's solo on the album version of "Let It Be"; soulful, simple & perfect.
Mike Stern's "Standards" and John Scofield "Still Warm" are two of my favorite jazz cds.
February 17, 2002 @08:41am
Clint Crump

I like all of the above ablums, but I will add a few off beat ones:
Jerry Reed "best of"
Hellacasters
Ozzy's Tribute (Randy Roads)
Otmar Leibert
April 6, 2002 @08:12pm
MLSpears

Any album by Eric Johnson....he can be a bit 'processed', but some of the tastiest guitar playing to be had.
May 16, 2002 @06:30am