rrrabuyvsvsveytfazersurdwarubawvev
0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
June 2017 Giveaway

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Gretsch White Falcon nomencalture

Skydancer

I'm looking into the Gretsch 6136-LTV White Falcon. My only experience with these guitars in the past was with my uncle's 6136T (sold long ago, sadly), which was an amazing guitar. The question: is the 6136-LTV essentially the same guitar as the "T" and, if not, what are the differences? I've also seen other letters used to denote various White Falcon models, but can't seem to break the code as to what they all mean in terms of the actual differences between them.
Any help (read: educate me, please) will be appreciated.
August 17, 2014 @02:55pm
R Whittington

I'm looking into the Gretsch 6136-LTV White Falcon. My only experience with these guitars in the past was with my uncle's 6136T (sold long ago, sadly), which was an amazing guitar. The question: is the 6136-LTV essentially the same guitar as the "T" and, if not, what are the differences? I've also seen other letters used to denote various White Falcon models, but can't seem to break the code as to what they all mean in terms of the actual differences between them.
Any help (read: educate me, please) will be appreciated.

Hi Skydancer,
Yes, essentially the same except the LTV model has lacquer finish "L" and TV Jones pickups "TV". Both great features as TV Jones pickups are a big upgrade and the lacquer finish gets thinner over time and only makes the guitar sound better as it naturally ages.
August 18, 2014 @12:32pm