0% Interest for 48 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Live Sound - 3 days left

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Up grading to Digital Mixers

Jason G

Our church is looking at up grading to a digital mixer. Right now we have a Yamaha MX500 with 16 inputs and I am maxed out and the church wants to add other things. I am a full time-part time volunteer and am in the process of trying to get others to step up and help out. A couple years ago I was looking at the Presonus SL 32.4.2 and am again looking at it. A friend though suggested the Behringer x32. Both have high ratings and seem like good boards, what I am looking for though is something that the average person can set down to and be shown fairly quickly how to do a simple worship service. We record the services to put on our web site and make copies for whomever needs one and that is the extent of our recording process thus far. We would eventually like to run personal monitors, either earbud or floor. Just need a bit of advice, thank you.
May 9, 2014 @03:41am
TimmyP1955

If bought used, the Presonus models can be a good value (new, I'd look elsewhere). If your mixpersons lack experience, they can't dig themselves into a hole that's very deep with these mixers.
The X32 seems to be the most fully featured, and a fine performer. For $2500 (or less?) it's a heck of a mixer. It likely should be set up by an experienced person, and the mixpersons need to avoid looking around in the dark corners.
The Soundcraft and Allen & Heath are also very good choices. I think my choice would be the X32 over these, but 'your mileage may vary' as they say.
May 11, 2014 @04:05am
Jason G

Thank you. I've been asking around everywhere and for what we would like to go for the X32 seems like the best choice
May 14, 2014 @03:24am
kcxngh

The X32 is a good value mixer especially when you are using congregational monies , it works well with another product we just started using at our church as well , that being the Behringer POWERPLAY 16 P16-M a
16-Channel Digital Personal Mixer that allows each member to run their own in ear monitor mix . we love it , I frees me up to run the FOH, while they can adjust their own volume from where they are at , and with in ear monitors, a monitor feedback will never be a problem again . Check it out
http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/P16-M.aspx
May 19, 2014 @11:00am
Landon

I mix on an X32 at a medium venue, and I love it! When you dial this thing in right, it sounds as good as the best :)
July 12, 2014 @02:24am